The Account Specialist for Chronic Migraine promotes BOTOX® to community practices and health systems, with a focus on the Chronic Migraine indication, in partnership with the Account Specialist for Spasticity and Movement Disorders counterpart. Customer accounts may include community/private practices, community-based hospitals, academic medical centers, and government accounts (military treatment facilities and/or Veteran’s Affairs Medical Centers). The Account Specialist for Chronic Migraine develops and maintains relationships within various accounts/departments such as neurology, pain medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and primary care.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
% of Time or Importance
- Promote BOTOX® to meet/exceed sales goals in community/private practices as well as hospitals/health systems.
Continually analyze the business and develop/execute a growth-oriented business plan that will enable identification, training, and development of new BOTOX® Chronic Migraine injectors and advocates.
Develop professional relationships at various levels within all relevant accounts/departments to further the use of BOTOX® for the treatment of Chronic Migraine.
Identify/uncover customer needs (training, clinical, operational, reimbursement) and address with appropriate Allergan resources.
Expert delivery of anatomical/procedural information and training, including the appropriate use of anatomical terminology to train the BOTOX® Chronic Migraine injection paradigm, while highlighting various anatomical and injection insights and considerations.
Provide BOTOX® education and clinical/injection training for residents, fellows, and other key hospital personnel.
Collaborate with the Account Specialist for Spasticity and Movement Disorders and Account Specialist for Urology partners to promote BOTOX® for approved indications and execute individual, department, or group resident/fellow trainings within hospital/health system accounts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience, preferably pharmaceutical, medical device/equipment, industry related
- Documented history of strong sales performance
- Experience selling in neurology sales is preferred
- Experience in managing a complex sell with multiple decision-makers is preferred
- Experience with Buy & Bill and/or Specialty Pharmacy products is preferred
- Experience selling in the hospital setting is preferred
- Experience selling in a clinical/technical/consultative sales role is preferred
- Ability to lift/pull 25–50 lb. training models
- Valid driver’s license
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong “Team Player” mentality and a successful history of working as an individual contributor within a collaborative team
- Strong desire to “explore the unknown” and continuously enhance personal, professional, and account knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish positive, productive customer and partner relationships
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation/problem resolution skills
- Ability to analyze business, create and execute an effective business plan
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage a high-volume territory and multiple accounts
- Ability to learn procedural, technical, clinical, and anatomical information quickly
- Ability to communicate/present/train procedural, technical, clinical, and anatomical information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and positive outlook during changes in work tasks, structure, or environment
- Ability and willingness to meet necessary hospital credentialing/vaccination requirements
- Ability to travel adequately to cover territory, as well as overnight attendance at scheduled training events and sales meetings
Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening test and meet safe driving requirements
This position will be filled as a Senior or Account Specialist based on candidate experience.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.