Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are looking for individuals who are curious, love to learn and want to make an impact on some cutting edge projects for our Summer 2023 Internships. Our program has multiple elements (no pun intended) to ensure that you have a well-rounded summer from fun activities such as the Intern vs. Supervisors Olympics to soft-skills classes to help identify your strengths and work on areas of development, to an Executive Series where you get to meet our Leadership team and ask them questions about their careers, about the product or anything else which interests you. And, finally, you get to work on a project which will actually be rolled into the product roadmap.
This position is located at our San Diego headquarters and will be on-site!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improve current EMAS software, including user interface, reliability
- Build optics test fixtures
- Analyze and plot experimental data
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing degree in Physics, Optics, Physical Chemistry, Systems Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Software Engineer, Bioengineer, Biophysics, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be comfortable with conducting presentations effectively and professionally to customers/peers/management.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.