Rather than make a prediction on one or two products or indications, what if you could build a biological map that supports dozens or hundreds of indications?
Every week at Recursion, we run 1.8 million+ experiments creating a library of more than one billion cellular images on the basis of that radically different approach to biotech. This is a revolutionary approach that we believe will reinvent drug discovery and development.
Recursion is the clinical-stage biotechnology company industrializing drug discovery by decoding biology. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to infer biological relationships. By commanding massive experimental scale and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead the execution of clinical studies across diverse therapeutic areas to deliver transformative new medicines to patients
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with CROs, clinical investigators and clinical site staff
- Manage clinical operations, including CROs and reporting of start-up, conduct and close-out activities
- Ensure compliance with study protocol and applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Clinical Practices (GCP), ICHs and local regulations
- Plan and oversee project budgets, financial reporting and forecasting
- Manage diverse internal and external stakeholders relationships
The Team You’ll Join
As a Clinical Operations Manager at Recursion, you will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of drug development professionals responsible for translating Recursion's innovative science to patients through clinical development activities. In this role, you will contribute to the planning and execution of one or more of Recursion’s clinical stage studies in an exciting startup environment. You will be joining a dynamic team of six and looking to grow considerably in 2023. You will make a significant day-to-day impact and be responsible for driving functional deliverables.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience in a clinical operations role in the biopharmaceutical industry, with at least 2+ years experience in a study manager role
- Preferred: Rare disease and/or oncology experience and understanding of the patient journey in these unique patient populations. Experience at a small or midsize biotech
- Demonstrated experience organizing and leading clinical study teams
- Preferred Skills: proficiency working in SmartSheet or similar project management software
- Demonstrated experience planning, initiating, conducting, and closing out phase 1 - 3 studies
- Experience in vendor and CRO selection,management, and oversight
- Experience working closely with data management and clinical teams to set up study systems and ensure quality data collection through monitoring, cleaning and analysis (phase 1-3)
- Preferred: CRF development and IRT build experience, knowledge of data listings used for monitoring and cleaning, contribution to data management related plans and specification
- Strong working knowledge of FDA & ICH GCP regulations and guidelines
- Willingness and ability to travel to sites, conferences and Recursion Headquarters is required
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.