Corcept is engaged in the discovery and development of drugs that treat severe endocrine, metabolic, oncologic and neurological disorders by modulating the effects of the hormone cortisol. Since 2012, we have marketed Korlym® for the treatment of patients suffering from Cushing’s syndrome, a life-threatening orphan disorder caused by excess cortisol activity.
In addition to our commercial product, Korlym, we have discovered a portfolio of more than 1,000 proprietary selective cortisol modulators. Lead compounds are in Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials for the treatment of patients with Cushing’s syndrome, advanced ovarian cancer, castration-resistant prostate cancer, weight gain caused by antipsychotic medications and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (“NASH”). We are about to start a Phase 2 trial in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (“ALS”).
In 2021, we generated revenue of $366 million and net income of $112 million.
Reporting to the VP, Legal & Compliance, the Director/Senior Director, Legal supports a broad scope of companywide legal issues advising internal clients and developing policies regarding healthcare professional interactions, product sales and promotion, clinical trials, contract negotiations, business planning and risk mitigation. Responsibilities include counseling and training business teams about laws related to the development, manufacture, sale and promotion of pharmaceuticals; oversight of Corcept’s contracts lifecycle management process; and enterprise-wide oversight of obligations regarding data privacy and security. The Director/Senior Director, Legal also serves as a member of the Compliance Team engaged in all aspects of Corcept’s Compliance Program, including governance, policy development, training and monitoring.
- Legal advice related to pharmaceutical compliance – Provide timely and practical legal advice and solutions regarding laws related to product development; manufacturing; product promotion; fraud and abuse; and interactions with healthcare providers
- Contracting and contract lifecycle management – Maintain resources and provide counsel for contracting activities across all functions including drafting templates and supporting negotiations for purchase of goods and services, clinical operations, research collaborations, and protection of confidential information and intellectual property
- Support data privacy and security compliance – Develop, implement and maintain internal policies relating to US and ex-US data privacy and security, including compliance with obligations related to Corcept’s use of personal data
- Support corporate governance, SEC compliance, HR and litigation matters as needed
Preferred Skills, Qualifications or Technical Proficiencies:
- Active membership in good standing in at least one state bar required
- Complex contract drafting and negotiations skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Ability to provide timely, practical, and actionable legal advice
- High emotional intelligence, capable of collaboratively influencing decision-making through the respectful exchange of competing ideas and perspectives
- Self-driven to identify and solve complex and challenging problems
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of legal practice in general corporate transactional and/or litigation matters with experience in healthcare regulatory and pharmaceutical industry law
- J.D. from a respected law school and strong academic credentials
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Corcept appreciates the commitment and hard work of all our team members as we strive to discover and develop novel treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
Please visit our website at: https://www.corcept.com/
Corcept is an Equal Opportunity Employer