Associate Director, People Technology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
The Associate Director of People Technology is ….Located in Foster City, CA - Office-Based PositionResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the identification, establishment, and ongoing administration of Human Resources information systems to support short- and long-range Human Resources goals.
- Directs the implementation and ongoing administration of HRIS to support Company goals.
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors and ensure proper documentation of system use.
- Manages data tables, structures, files, interface requirements, and data integrity protocols for ongoing administration.
- Routinely monitors data integrity of all data tables, structures, and files.
- Serves as a resource to functions on salary planning and reporting functionality.
- Provides input to the development and reviews RFPs for new vendors and provides feedback on evaluations.
- Current vendors include Workday, ServiceNow, SuccessFactors, WalkMe, and others.
Gilead Core Values:
- Specific education and experience requirements: 10+ years of relevant experience in HR/HR Operations and a BA or BS degree. A Master's degree can be substituted for 2 years of related experience.
- Strong knowledge of HR administration and HRIS.
- Strong knowledge of HR systems and Excel experience.
- Direct experience with Workday HCM, Workday Payroll and ServiceNow HR-Delivery are preferred.
- Solid influencing skills
- Ability to quickly gain a complete understanding of Gilead HR Eco-system integration and recipient systems.
- Basic understanding of how M&A activities impact HR Eco-system and processes, identifying and working with IT to apply them appropriately.
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.