Global Mobility Partner, Americas
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseasesFor more information please visit www.gilead.comAbout the Role
The Global Mobility Partner (Sr. Manager, Mobility) manages all aspects of candidate and employee relocation both domestic and permanent moves within the Americas. Anticipating employee needs and dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience, the Mobility Partner will take initiative to solve problems independently, exercising discretion within guidelines and evolving industry standards. This is an exciting and demanding role that requires passion and the desire to be a team player on an amazing team.Specific Job Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise on mobility and immigration within the Americas.
- Articulate complex relocation scenarios including intl tax and immigration factors and provide practical, simplified solutions for the employee and/or business
- Redesign the U.S. immigration program to deliver a premium experience to employees while guaranteeing adherence with existing and changing laws and regulations.
- Provide thoughtful, holistic, timely and reliable relocation program guidance to recruiters, HRBPs, business managers and other key internal stakeholders
- Develop deep, effective partnerships with key partners to the mobility program such as Talent Acquisition, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Corporate tax, Total Rewards, and HR Shared Services
- Provide guidance and support to HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to interpret policy, provide options and recommend solutions
- Partner with global and local vendors, monitor performance and ensure compliance with Gilead policy and local laws and regulations
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the HR field and a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A Master's degree can be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
Gilead Core Values Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Minimum 8 (eight) years of relevant experience Global Mobility experience with a focus on the Americas
- In depth knowledge of mobility processes including tax services, immigration, payroll, home sale, home purchase in the Americas regions
- Excellent learning agility and emotional intelligence, able to be empathetic to situations you may have never directly experienced
- Exceptional communication skills and an above average ability to translate mobility concepts to others, with impeccable customer service skills, positive attitude in challenging situations
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and multi-task in a high paced environment
- Experience exercising judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within the construct of global mobility policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience working on a global team
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in situations involving change, shifting priorities and ambiguity
- Role model for Gilead core values and Leadership Commitments in all actions
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.