Urovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urological conditions.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
The Company's current area of research focus is Urological disease. Urovant Sciences is currently investigating treatments for OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), as well as an earlier stage gene-therapy for OAB in patients who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy. Urovant Sciences, a subsidiary of Sumitovant Biopharma Ltd., intends to develop novel treatments for additional urologic diseases. Learn more at www.urovant.com.
The Specialty Regional Sales Manager is a front-line field sales leadership role accountable for building & leading a field-based sales team of 9 – 10 Urology Specialty Sales Professionals in a defined geographic region. As a member of the Urovant's sales team, your leadership approach should align to the sales organization's performance-based culture which entails trust and integrity, ownership and accountability, values the diversity of thought, and focuses on connecting with people and their success. As the leader of the Region, you will also ensure that your Sales Professionals always operate in an effective, efficient, and compliant manner. More specifically:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that established sales budgets and objectives are achieved/exceeded across each territory and the Region as a whole.
- Demonstrate ‘Catalyst Leadership' by leading the team in a humble yet inspiring manner using sound judgment and instilling ownership, accountability, and purposeful action based on business opportunities. Foster an environment where Sales Professionals are empowered to use critical thinking skills to identify and effectively act on business opportunities, find creative and adaptive approaches to address challenges, facilitate a culture that promotes teamwork, and always act in a manner that is within policy and compliance standards.
- Provide regular, engaging, and tailored coaching of each Sales Professional focused on sales effectiveness and impact and longer-term development. Written and verbal coaching should be candid, respectful, and support business and career development.
- Assess and analyze the Region's product/competitor trends and market dynamics. Develop and execute Regional sales strategies and tactics, and effectively aligning budgets and resources based on the highest opportunities to accelerate brand growth.
- Readily display peer leadership in which ideas are openly shared across the Sales Leadership Team (SLT). Provide constructive and candid input during SLT interactions. Develop and/or lead national projects/initiatives that align with Urovant's vision of becoming the leading specialty urology company.
- Create, build, and maintain relationships and regular communication with providers, KOL's (key thought leaders), and other customers. Be the liaison between key customers so that the organization remains informed of evolving market dynamics and needs.
- Manage all operations related to the Region, and ultimately ensuring achievement of all performance targets and budgeted sales goals by each member of the team.
- Ensure candid and collaborative communication and execution between Market Access, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Training, Compliance, and Medical Science Liaison (appropriately), and other Urovant teams.
Education and Experience
- A B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- 4 years' experience in pharmaceutical sales management (first-line leader with direct people accountability) is preferred.
- A proven, consistent, and documented track record of top-ranked pharmaceutical performance (ideally top 25% of the nation) is required.
- 3 or more years of Urology experience is preferred.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Consistently operates in a manner that demonstrates and instills trust and integrity across all aspects of the role.
- A proven and documented track record of coaching, developing, and promoting direct reports is highly preferred.
- Strong and successful pharmaceutical launch experienced is highly preferred.
- The ability to effectively work in a fast-paced start-up environment is preferred.
- 50% – 80% overnight travel may be required depending on the assigned Region.
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Urovant Sciences is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US and Global employees as a condition of employment, subject to legally-recognized accommodations.
Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed