Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director, Data Management & Operations will be responsible to establish agile and robust operational processes within the Digital Transformation (DX) Data Management and Analytics Technology team. This position will manage the Data Operations team to ensure our data products and services can support the needs of both the Commercial and R&D businesses. This individual will drive core DevOps capabilities in automation, monitoring, deployment/release, and incident management into our data service offerings. This candidate will serve as the primary leader to push our operational maturity forward
- Drive overall operations strategy, roadmaps, and prioritization in the Data Operations team to mature our platform and products operational readiness and meet stated SLAs, spearhead agile ITSM, DevOps, CICD constructs with core current ITIL process, standards, and tools, and align our standard operations practices with Data Architecture best practices
- Responsible for administration, and operational activities for Data Management and Analytics platforms including: Informatica IICS, Informatica Developer, Manage File Transfer, Enterprise Workflow Orchestration, Business Intelligence, and database environments. Oversees the BIDM ServiceDesk including incident, problems and service request management activities and associated tools and processes. Contact point for operational escalations to discuss impact, status, expected resolutions. Ensures that the right actions are taken to investigate, resolve and anticipate problems. Coordinates across teams to investigate problems, implement solutions and take preventative measures and builds knowledge library to improve first time fix and restore service promptly Service Level Management. Oversee the licenses and budget for data operations platforms, products, and services
- Coach, develop and lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning. Effectively manage performance through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action (if necessary)
- Managing current service delivery for Data Operations platforms and products including management of service delivery vendors, platform vendors, implementing solutions to improve service stability, automation, capacity planning, identifying, and deploying preventative maintenance solutions. Manage and monitor service metrics to expected target and take proactive action to drive to established service expectations, Monitors workflow to ensure incidents adhere to Service Level Agreement (SLA) compliance. Build tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks and prevent incident occurrence
- Active customer engagement to collect feedback and address any concerns and ensure end-user satisfaction. Monitor monthly reports on service uptime, outages, and planned improvements Automation, Alerting, Release Management. Build various dashboards to communicate platform or system health
- Ensure releases are safe to deploy and auditable for process adherence. Drive consistent use of production deployment, packaging, tools, and processes Platform Application Support. Ensure the operational reliability, performance, and stability of the data office platforms to stated SLAs
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 7 or More Years IT experience required
- 4 or More Years Operations leadership or similar role supporting data platforms and products such as enterprise data warehouse, data lake, enterprise reporting, ETL, and data services required
- 4 or More Years Supervisory role leading sizeable cross-functional, global teams in a fast paced, high velocity agile environment required
- 4 or More Years With tools like Informatica, PowerBI, Tableau, Tidal Scheduling, Managed File Transfer preferred
- 4 or More Years Experience managing customer expectations preferred
- 4 or More Years Database experience (performance tuning, programming/scripting, relational database design, etc.) with SQL Server, Oracle, and Azure Synapse preferred
- 1 or More Years Modern cloud deployment, monitoring, and alerting tools & practices preferred
- 1 or More Years Experience with ITIL and Agile based processes and tools such as Service Now, GitLab, Atlassian, Jira, etc. preferred
- Ability to understand and analyze the existing system and provide quick solutions to resolve issues and meet new requirements preferred
- Pharmaceutical experience in an IT environment preferred
Ability to travel up to 5%