Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Associate Director, Women’s Health Innovation Partnerships. The position reports to the Senior Director, Digital Innovation Partnerships.
This position may be remote OR office based in the San Francisco Bay Area. You will need to have the ability to travel to headquarters in Brisbane, CA as needed.
The Associate Director, Women’s Health Innovation Partnerships will be responsible for identifying and executing beyond-the-pill solutions improving patient lives, provider workflows, and organizational objectives across the Women’s Health franchise including commercial, market access, medical affairs, research, and advocacy at Myovant Sciences. The Associate Director is expected to advance pilots and initiatives in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders in the company.
This position will frequently interact and collaborate with our business development, marketing, market access, clinical operations, medical affairs, finance, regulatory, legal, and advocacy teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define clear and actionable business cases including goals, scope, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for potential partnerships
- Analyze trends and competitive landscape, conduct research, and identify challenges for the company
- Evaluate new partnership opportunities and manage existing relationships and strategic partnerships
- Discover, define, and develop new capabilities, solutions, and partnerships, including building a robust pipeline of near and long-term opportunities
- Build and lead cross-functional team relationships to pilot and execute on new capabilities and solutions, leveraging human-centered design and product development tool kits
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Successfully navigate ambiguity creating meaningful innovation on a “white canvas”
- Lead strategic initiatives in collaboration with an executive team
- Drive consensus and agreement across diverse organizational stakeholders
- Generate creative, prolific, concise, and influential content
- Summarize complex digital technology idea and concepts to medical and scientific audiences
- Possess a purpose-driven mindset with a high level of energy, initiative, and ownership
- Own risk assessment for new programs with appropriate cross functional partners, including patient health and safety, data privacy and protection, regulatory, legal, financial, corporate reputation, etc.
- Fluent public speaker with polished presentation skills
- Detailed-oriented project management skills
- Strong individual contributor
- Influence change
REQUIREMENTS (Education and Experience)
- Required: Bachelors degree in STEM field or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Advanced degree such as MD, PhD, Pharm D, MBA, MPH, MS or equivalent experience
- 8+ years relevant work experience with a graduate degree or 10+ years with a bachelor’s degree
- Successfully proposed and executed a major innovation program
- Directly managed a partner or vendor on a revenue-generating project
- Familiarity with issues and regulations regarding patient privacy including HIPPA, CCPA, GDPR, etc.
- Experience in life science/healthcare management consulting, innovation, digital product management, and/or business development
- Experience in managing and/or innovating pharmaceutical trials
- Understanding of the journey for patients on hormonal therapy and/or hormone oncology
- Understanding of the workflow for medical clinics and physicians
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical payer/provider ecosystem
- Understanding of the social determinants of health inequity
- Technical understanding of one or more of the following:
- Digital therapeutics, cloud computing, CI/CD, mobile, edge computing, IOT, ML, AI, NLU, bio signal analysis, or equivalent
- Familiarity with FDA quality systems regulations, medical device directive, SaMD, or similar
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance for pharmaceutical companies
- Working relationships in the med-tech startup ecosystem, life-sciences startup incubators, venture capital community, pharmaceutical innovation ecosystem, or equivalent
Travel, Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to travel approximately 25% within North America and internationally
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
The well-being and safety of our employees is our top priority. Myovant Sciences strongly encourages all employee to get vaccinated, if eligible, however Myovant Sciences is not requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity