HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.Manager Supply Chain - AML6 Material CoordinatorsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be accountable for managing the Material Management Team and Buyers which includes raw materials, spare parts, miscellaneous, and equipment purchases for the entire facility.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Optimize processes to increase impact visibility of the Raw Material, Manufacturing supplies finances, inventory levels, and scrap exposure.
- Guarantee the on-time implementation of Raw Material Risk Mitigation Strategies to Ensure Uninterrupted Manufacturing Operation.
- Foster partnership with the Finance team to drive the Budget Process and Plan Operating Expenses for AML6.
- Lead program-specific supply chain teams to acquire accurate demand forecast, handle supply plans, and mitigate material shortage risks.
- Develop and monitor Raw Materials long range supply demand considering the production schedules, potential for scrap, and impact on budget.
- Serve as a single point of contact SME for material optimization projects and material supplier defects, responsible for the investigation of Material related Deviation, and the generation of SICAR and EN.
- Apply Lean principles to business processes, identifying and eliminating material waste, and driving continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the partnership between Bulk Manufacturing and Supply Chain (procurement and planning) by developing tools with the focus of consistently ensuring the raw material supply for bulk manufacturing activities is fulfilled.
- Lead the material introduction for New Product Tech Transfer material.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Manager Supply Chain AML6 Material Coordinator professional we seek is a people leader with these qualifications.
THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS ARE:
Masters degree and 3 years of supply chain and/or manufacturing support experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of supply chain and/or manufacturing support experience
Associates degree and 10 years of supply chain and/or manufacturing support experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of supply chain and/or manufacturing support experience
Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
BEYOND THAT, THE PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS ARE:
- Experience working in GMP / Biotech environment
- Experience managing people
- Experience in Werum MES / SAP transactions and inventory management
- Experience in managing trackwise records (deviations, SICAR or EN)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.