Please Note: Our offices are closed for our annual Winter Break from December 24, 2022 through January 3, 2023. Our response to your application will be delayed.
The Impact You’ll Make
- The Senior Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for the operations, administration, and maintenance of the various IT and Cloud Infrastructure platforms, including but not limited to - Physical and Virtual Server Infrastructure, Endpoints, Storage, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services, Enterprise Collaboration Platforms (Box, Google workspace, Microsoft Cloud), Network Infrastructure including on-premise and cloud-based Firewalls.
- In addition, the responsibilities include design assistance configuration and troubleshooting all of the infrastructures listed above.
- The Senior Systems Administrator will work closely with our Engineers to ensure the design of any solutions meet the functional and non-functional requirements, leads the operationalization of the solution, and produces run books to ensure the solutions can be operated to adhere to the service level objectives.
- In addition, the Senior Systems Administrator ensures the configuration of operational monitoring tools and remediation methods (proactive and reactive support models).
- Daily activities also include monitoring and managing the security posture of critical technical infrastructure across cloud and on-premises environments.
- The Senior Systems Administrator must provide on-call services to ensure appropriate responses to critical IT and Cloud Infrastructure issues.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join the IT team at Recursion. A group of IT Specialists, Systems Admins/engineers focused on helping Recursion to move fast while still being secure. You will work with teammates across the Recursion departments, determining the right path forward and how we get there. Must demonstrate the ability to manage and maintain Networking, Server, and Storage infrastructure.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 7+ years of progressive systems administration experience
- Extensive knowledge of automating processes with proficiency in at least 1 industry standard automation tool
- Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of Storage solutions, SMB and NFS, etc.
- In-Depth experience with Networking, including firewalls, switches, routers, and wireless access points
- Experience with Windows, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and associated Windows services
- Proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
- Proven capability to take ownership of assigned systems
- Excellent project management skills
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.