Please Note: Our offices are closed for our annual Winter Break from December 24, 2022 through January 3, 2023. Our response to your application will be delayed.
Rather than make a prediction on one or two products or indications, what if you could build a biological map that supports dozens or hundreds of indications?
Recursion is the clinical-stage biotechnology company comprehensively mapping biology and chemistry to find and advance novel therapeutics. Enabling its mission is the Recursion OS, a platform built across diverse technologies that continuously expands one of the world’s largest proprietary biological and chemical datasets. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset a collection of trillions of searchable relationships across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias. By commanding massive experimental scale — up to millions of wet lab experiments weekly — and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine
The Impact You’ll Make
- Oversee the development of first-in-class/first-in-disease molecules in precision oncology
- Generate and continually refine the integrated clinical development strategy for Recursion’s oncology medicine portfolio from IND to POC
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and participate in regulatory agency meetings
- Utilize strong therapeutic area expertise to enhance innovation and efficiency in clinical trial design and execution
- Deliver medical, disease-specific, and development perspective into specific research programs or broader research initiatives
- Provide scientific and medical expertise for business development assessments and due diligences
The Team You’ll Join
As VP, Oncology Clinical Development you’ll report directly to the Chief Medical Officer and will be a key member of the Development Anchor Leadership Team. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of drug development professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients through clinical development activities. You’ll lead our growing pipeline of novel small molecule therapeutics in cancer while leveraging your strong track record of advancing precision medicines in Oncology from bench to POC clinical trials with scientific rigor and a thorough understanding of target and disease biology.
The Experience You’ll Need
- MD required and MD/PhD preferred
- Board certification/eligibility in medical oncology is highly preferred
- 7+ years industry experience in clinical development, driving programs into first in patient studies
- Deep knowledge and understanding of oncology and genetic diseases, including companion diagnostics; precision oncology drug development paradigms, clinical pharmacology with technical and regulatory approaches
- Strong networks and connections to external experts and key opinion leaders in oncology. Ability to form effective collaborations with external scientific community, academia and CROs
- Ability to build and develop high-performing teams
- Effective skills directed toward driving collaboration, achieving results, influencing, and resolving conflicts across internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual who is proactive, resourceful, and efficient with the flexibility and creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing drug discovery and development company
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.