Senior Accountant- Fixed Assets
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Position Overview:
The Senior Accountant, Fixed Assets, Global Financial Solutions will be responsible for recording asset additions, depreciation, disposals, and capitalization of construction in progress (CIP) in the US region. The Senior Accountant will provide support to FP&A Analysts for the recording of fixed assets and monitoring of construction in progress in the ERP system. In addition, the Senior Accountant will support prepaid transactions, reconciliations, reviews and amortization. The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, results-oriented, and possess a high attention to detail while able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks. Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Review fixed asset supporting documentation and record fixed asset acquisitions and capital projects in the ERP system
- Review the compilation of project costs in the CIP accounts, and reconcile the CIP accounts to the general ledger monthly
- Provide accounting support to Functional FP&A Analysts for any questions relating to capitalization rules
- Review account coding on Purchase Orders for Capital Spending prior to management approval
- Monitor the closure of CIP projects, once the related projects have been completed
- Run monthly depreciation in the ERP system, review for reasonableness, and post to the general ledger
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Maintain SOX controls, desktop procedures for capital assets and intercompany
- Recommend any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets as appropriate
- Prepare fixed asset schedules for Internal Audit, SOX, and SEC teams, and respond to inquiries
- Perform GL account analysis, and account reconciliations for the fixed asset area
- Complete annual and ad hoc impairment review of the fixed assets
- Support for prepaid transactions, reconciliation, reviews, and amortization.
- High School Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Seven Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Five Years Experience OR Masters Degree and Three Years Experience
- Prior Fixed Assets accounting experience
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Must be able to apply accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects
- Strong technical expertise in area of responsibility
- Ability to identify trends through analysis of various data
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in process development and process improvement
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.