Director Regional Marketing, Oncology Opinion Leader Programs (OLP) - Blue Grass/Great Lakes
United States - Minnesota - MinneapolisUnited States - Wisconsin - MilwaukeeUnited States - South Dakota - Sioux FallsUnited States - Iowa - Des MoinesUnited States - Iowa - Cedar Rapids
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
The Director Oncology Marketing
covers the Blue Grass/Great Lakes territory, which includes MI, IN, IL, KY, WV and OH.
This is a foundational role in the expansion of the US Oncology marketing team for the growth and launch of TRODELVY (sacituzmab govitecan) in metastatic triple negative breast cancer (mTNBC), metastatic urothelial cancer (mUC) and hormone receptor positive metastatic breast cancer (HR+ mBC). The Director will assume a key role responsible for a multitude of OLP-related activities aimed at preparing the US commercial organization and the external marketplace for these important launches and growth opportunities in this emerging business unit for Gilead. The individual who assumes this role will be responsible for executing all activities of within the Regional Oncology team to support the ongoing launch activities.
Commercial and Cross-functional collaboration in executing the following:
- Developing and executing the regional US thought leader engagement planning for TRODELVY across indications
- Effectively translating scientific, clinical, and market research into actionable commercial activities
- Leading the development and implementation of the Regional advisory board plan across academic, regional, and community Oncology HCPs
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key opinion leaders and Oncology medical associations
- Development and execution of the Regional Conference plan for regional Oncology meetings
- Building the strategic and operational readiness plans for the expanded Regional mBC and mUC speakers bureaus (nomination, training, content development, and monitoring)
- Aiding in the development of Peer to Peer and Speaker Program educational content, such as slide decks and patient cases
- Coordinating the development of Regional integrated unbranded and branded OLP tactics according to strategy and within agreed upon budgets
- Facilitating approval for marketing materials through internal review process to ensure marketing activities follow compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
- Developing and implementing processes for accurate measurement and evaluation of appropriate OLP activities
- Participating in the annual brand planning process, leading development of the Regional OLP plan and budget
- Cultivating relationships, manage, and provides direction and leadership to key agency partners to deliver on key strategic and tactical initiatives within timelines and allocated budget
- Collaborating with HCP marketing team to ensure alignment of key messages and customer insights
- Leading or serving as a key commercial member on cross-functional initiatives, often with high visibility within the organization
High School Diploma and Fourteen Years' Experience
Associate's Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Two Years' ExperiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 3 years of pharmaceutical marketing experience
- Launch experience in Oncology
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Knowledge of the Breast Cancer Market
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with and present to KOLs
- Excellent strategic thinking skills with ability to formulate, develop and execute strategy
- Ability to gather insights from customer engagements and translate market research findings into actionable insights and tactical plans
- Ability to understand and communicate clinical data and high-level science
- Strong capacity to collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams. Must work cooperatively with commercial management, clinical development, medical affairs, field sales leadership, regulatory, compliance, market research and others
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead agencies and other external partners in aligning and developing tactical plans and promotional materials that are aligned with brand strategy
- Champion materials through medical, legal, regulatory reviews (promotional review) process
- Travel greater than 40% as dictated by business need, including overnights and attendance at some nighttime and weekend programs
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.