Sr. Finance-Accounting Manager, Purchase to Pay (PTP)
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.
The Sr. Finance-Accounting Manager, Purchase to Pay (PTP) reports to the Director North America Purchase to Pay (PTP) Operations with responsibility for supplier on-boarding, maintenance, and compliance.
The focus of the role is to lead, manage and develop the North America Supplier Master team aligned to best practice supplier master governance. To drive supplier consolidation and rationalization, through a preferred supplier program, and optimize P-Card at time of on-boarding. The position will work closely with key team members in the global Procurement organization to align on an end-to-end PTP strategy to include centralized buy desk and catalog management.
The successful candidate will be expected to be highly self-motivated and innovative, with proven experience in successfully managing and developing a best-in-class supplier master program providing best practice service delivery and actionable business insights. Be an advocate to digitalize and automate Global supplier master processes through self-service supplier portal technology, data and analytics, RPA and other emerging technologies to create capacity, increase efficiency, quality and control of our processes. Key responsibilities include:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Manage end-to-end Supplier on-boarding and maintenance program.
- Manage compliance to both federal and state tax withholding and reporting requirements for foreign and domestic suppliers (1099, 1042, 1042s, CA592).
- Maintain process integrity, internal and SOX controls, and ensure compliance with the Controller's Manual and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Accountability for service delivery against agreed and evolving KPI's, SLA's and service partnership agreement
- Manage, coach, lead and develop the North America Supplier Master team.
- Support strategic and cross functional projects.
- Act as the point of contact to resolve supplier master data issues with business partners
- Oversight for delivery of supplier master training to end users
- Conduct regular review and analysis of supplier master data for deactivation in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional business partners and International colleagues to identify and implement options to improve the quality of service delivery from a global perspective and pursue opportunities for global process delivery in line with best practice.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned
- Manage, coach, lead and develop a PTP Service delivery team
- Aspire to deliver an exceptional customer experience and process excellence.
- A focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
- Business Partnership, build relationships and trust, share ideas, and work collaboratively.
- Strong analytical skills and a critical thinker; must have the ability to use excellent judgment and resolve issues with dexterity and effective decision making.
- Development and delivery of process related training
- Development of global process maps; desk-top manuals and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation
- Results orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies, procedures, SOX controls, government and/or legal requirements
- Ability to operate successfully across diverse geographical locations and cultures
- High level of self-motivation, leadership, positive attitude, drive for achievement and a strong work ethic
- High School Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Six Years Experience OR PhD
- 10 years' of PTP and supplier master best practice program
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX Controls, government and/or legal requirements is required
- Extensive knowledge with SAP or best practice ERP systems is required
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint) required
Gilead Core Values: Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Experience working in a multinational or global Finance organization
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Experience working with SAP Ariba is preferred
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.