AltPep Corporation is a biomedical startup with a breakthrough approach for diagnosing and treating some of the world’s most intractable conditions: amyloid diseases. We are currently focusing on CNS disorders, in particular Alzheimer’s Disease (AD).
AltPep draws its origins to Dr. Valerie Daggett’s lab at the University of Washington’s Bioengineering Department. The company closed a significant round of financing in late 2020 and is currently seeking to expand at its headquarters located on the North end of Lake Union in Seattle. We are looking for talent to join our team.
Who you are:
- You know your way around a lab. You conduct research in a responsible manner with attention to detail, take pride in your work, and memorialize it in meticulous lab books and records. You’ve demonstrated these skills through academic and/or work experiences (previous biotech experience a plus).
- You likely have completed your undergraduate degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a related field.
- While you appreciate being part of a team, you also value opportunities to work on your own.
- You understand the value of structure, but you are also flexible.
- You possess knowledge and experience in a variety of subject matters, ideally in several of the following areas:
- Mass spectrometry
- Spectroscopy (variety)
- Chemical synthesis
- Peptide/Protein modifications
- Peptide/Protein Purification
- ELISAs, Western Blots/dot blots, protein binding kinetics/analysis
- Experience with tissue culture
- Ability to provide quantitative analysis of results in reference to calibrations/standards, and able to accept/reject based on quality control criteria
- Organic chemistry reactions
- Rigorous quality of experimental details outlined in SOPs
- Data Analysis using Excel, Python, MATLAB, Tableau, or similar software
- You value learning and look for opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills.
- You work hard, drive for results, and are energized when those results support a positive change.
AltPep is a dynamic biomedical startup in Seattle that offers a competitive compensation package, including equity incentives, as well as a benefits program designed to support the well-being of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, and group life insurance. To learn more about us please visit www.altpep.com.
AltPep is an equal opportunity employer with the desire for diversity of all types. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Must be authorized to work in the US.