Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
In this role, you will lead the compound management team supporting our platform and drug discovery teams. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with high throughput screening, compound registration, inventory systems, and experience handling diverse modalities (e.g., small molecules, biologics, peptides, and nucleic acids). You will partner with diverse drug discovery research teams, including biologists, chemists, biochemists, and pharmacologists. As we are a multi-site company, you will also work closely with lab operations, including shipping and receiving. The successful candidate will have had experience utilizing sample handling automation tools (Hamilton Verso, Mosaic SampleBank), compound registration databases (CDD, Dotmatics). In this position, you will be responsible for information and knowledge management around these materials and there will be opportunities to participate in ML projects involving compound bioactivity data sets. You will be joining a company that maintains a robust culture of innovation and has recently received a substantial vote of confidence by the investment community. You will work closely with an exceptionally talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape Eikon’s culture, strategic direction, and impact on patient outcomes. Join us and help make a difference!
You have a strong background in chemistry or biochemistry and excellent organization skills. You are not afraid of tackling several complex projects and working with a large team across multiple disciplines and departments.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the acquisition, registration handling, storage, and distribution of compounds (e.g., small molecules, drugs, biologics, guide RNAs) used for research assays across multiple locations.
- Oversee the development of workflows using liquid handlers, barcode readers and electronic notebooks
- Manage a team of productive scientists.
- PhD in with 7+ years practical experience in drug discovery or BS with 10+ years experience with strong background in chemistry or biochemistry.
- Experience in compound management and an excellent understanding of underlying processes (i.e., you’ve read Wigglesworth & Wood cover to cover)
- Experience with chemistry registration and bioassay data management software (e.g., CDD, Dotmatics, Genedata, Spotfire, or similar);
- Experienced with screening in cell-based assays in plate-based formats using automated or semi-automated instrumentation
- Expertise operating and troubleshooting various instrumentation including liquid handlers, acoustic dispensers, and plate handlers
- Interested in working as part of a high-performance team, including goal setting, and contributing to a culture of effective, high-quality methods development and reducing those methods to a practical implementation
- Other criteria will include: excellent teamwork, communication, time management and organization skills; interest in collaborating with data scientists or computational biologists, engineers and experimental biologists
- Demonstrated affinity to the use of computational methods to accelerate drug discovery; exposure to AI/ML methods a considerable plus
- Experience working under the resource and time constraints of an early-stage startup desired
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to have received both an FDA-approved primary vaccine series and at least one booster vaccine against COVID-19 as of their start date. If you are unable to meet this requirement due to a disability or serious medical condition, or due to a sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.