Sr. Manager, Collaboration Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead's partnerships with biotech and pharma industry and academic institutions are a critical component of our strategy to identify and develop new treatments to meet unmet medical need.
The Sr. Manager, Collaboration Management, Research is responsible for the management of a portfolio of partnered programs in a highly dynamic work environment. The role offers high visibility and requires careful management of both internal and external stakeholders to drive programs to best outcomes. The Sr. Manager Collaboration Management reports to the Head of Collaboration Management within the Research, Strategy, Innovation & Portfolio Department.Specific Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Serves as manager for portfolio of partnered programs within Collaboration Management team
- Ensures involvement of key stakeholders, contributes to achieve technical success, and drives projects to best outcomes.
- Organizes and manages joint project team meetings with collaborators to review program status, identify issues/risks and problem-solve
- Works in partnership with Collaboration Leaders to ensure timely, efficient, and effective meetings, and to ensure adequate progress on research activities between meetings
- Works in collaboration with internal core R&D functions, and with Alliance Management to monitor/manage progress toward defined program goals
- Maintains integrated timelines; understands key functional interdependencies, risks and associated assumptions
- Manages development of documentation to support decision-making
- Determines readiness for program review at governance meetings, review of critical new data and changes in strategy
- Monitors and manages readiness of collaborative program for licensing/internalization and coordinates activities related to internalization
- Drives efficient communication within team, to functions, collaborators and stakeholders in leadership
- Manages IP filing opportunities, contributes to MTAs, amendments as required
- Contributes to the development of materials required for internal and external-portfolio tracking
- Contributes to portfolio-related data management
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Must be able to support multiple programs simultaneously and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be well-organized and have attention to detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Must be versed with applications, principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management
- Requires in-depth knowledge and skill with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Project and other reporting and tracking tools is preferred
- BA/BS and 8+ years of relevant experience OR MS/MBA and 6+ years of relevant experience OR PhD and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Must have project leadership and project management experience in pharmaceutical industry R&D environment
- Strong scientific acumen
- Strong leadership skills & emotional intelligence
- Broad understanding of industry and competitive landscape
- Experience should include participation in cross-functional project team activities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Level commensurate with experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.