Schrödinger seeks a Software Developer to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of the Visualization and Infrastructure team, you’ll design the interfaces that will make our suite of advanced scientific tools easily accessible to researchers. Your coding skills and interest in physical sciences will make you a key contributor in our efforts to revolutionize the way therapeutics and materials are discovered.
Who will love this job:
- A software developer who is comfortable with C++ and is passionate about building well-designed, well-tested, user-oriented software
- A natural collaborator who enjoys interacting both within the team and across departments
- A scientist who’s eager to transition to software engineering, or a software engineer with an interest in science
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain interfaces that allow researchers to interact with cutting-edge scientific tools
- Design software that is robust, adaptable, and easy to maintain
- Adopt good engineering practices and methodologies
What you should have:
Pay and perks:
- Solid grasp of object-oriented programming principles
- Familiarity with writing unit tests and test-driven development
- Experience with Python or Qt desirable, but not required
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $120,000 - $145,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.