We’re seeking a Director of Environmental Health and Safety & Environmental Sustainability (EHS&S) to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger has pioneered a physics-based software platform that enables discovery of high-quality, novel molecules for drug development and materials applications more rapidly and at lower cost compared to traditional methods. The software platform is used by biopharmaceutical and industrial companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories around the world. Our multidisciplinary drug discovery team also leverages the software platform to advance collaborative programs and its own pipeline of novel therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
As a member of our Operations and IT Team, you’ll help us monitor our EHS&S practices and establish a formal infrastructure for continuous tracking, disclosure, and improvement.
Who will love this job:
- A passionate change-agent who's excited about driving awareness of and educating colleagues about the critical role of EHS&S within a corporate organization
- An environmental sustainability and health and safety expert who understands the importance of EHS&S matters as they relate to internal and external business objectives
- An accomplished director with a successful track record of implementing and advancing environmental management systems (EMS) and other EHS&S initiatives and programming
- An analytical thinker with excellent data-gathering and analysis skills
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of a global, long-term, comprehensive, EHS&S strategy that supports Schrödinger’s annual corporate goals, objectives, and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting requirements
- Oversee and manage the implementation and sustainment of a global Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Maintain enterprise compliance with local, state and federal regulations, as well as requirements of applicable authorities and industry standards (e.g., ISO 14001)
- Lead cross-functional collaboration in the development, management, and oversight of EHS&S-related metrics, policies, programs, practices, goals, and other stakeholder inquiries
- Partner with Head of Corporate Sustainability to provide ongoing support for ESG disclosures, including our annual Corporate Sustainability Report (GRI/SASB/TCFD/SBTi), 10-K, Proxy, company website, blog, and social media channels
- Oversee and manage employee health and safety practices and initiatives, including the implementation and sustainment of a Health and Safety Management System
- Participate in relevant industry events to benchmark, track, and disseminate best practices, trends, and upcoming requirements to key internal stakeholders
- Track developments in EHS&S-related laws and regulations that may impact the company
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree (relevant Master’s degree preferred)
- At least ten years of expertise and knowledge in the field, including an understanding of global EHS and Environmental Sustainability requirements, trends and leading practices
- Demonstrated success in establishing business-aligned EHS&S audits, objectives, programs, and initiatives, preferably at a public company
- Robust project and budget management expertise, with superb attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for domestic and international travel
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $195,000 - $230,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.