At Tegmine, we’ve developed a platform which employs cutting-edge mass spectrometry and CRISPR cell engineering to discover and develop higher-specificity antibody-based therapeutics. Our platform focuses on identifying proteins with tumor-specific modifications that drive disease progression and severity. By targeting proteins in their pathogenic state, we are developing high-precision antibodies for the next generation of anti-cancer therapeutics.
We’re seeking a bioinformatician with a passion for solving complex, open-ended problems. The bioinformatician will mine proteomics data to identify disease-specific protein states that will serve as drug targets.
- The primary responsibility is to work with our Proteomics Scientists to organize and analyze our mass spectrometry proteomics data sets.
- Additional responsibilities include: employing machine learning techniques to prioritize therapeutic targets for drug development, assisting laboratory scientists with data analysis, and participating in the development of a proprietary approach to identify the next generation of high-specificity cancer therapeutics.
- Experience with processing raw proteomic data from modern mass spectrometers.
- Experience using shotgun proteomics search engines to identify post-translationally modified proteins.
- Familiarity with biological annotation and ontology resources, such as Ensembl, GO, and UniProt.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas with co-workers.
- Ph.D., with experience in bioinformatics, machine learning, or deep learning.
- Workflow management and execution in an GNU/Linux, or MacOS, environment using shell scripts and Docker containers. Familiarity with Google Compute Engine is a plus.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks, such as Keras or PyTorch.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including equity, paid time off, health coverage, and opportunities for professional growth & development. We promote personal growth and team-building by sponsoring access to the wide variety of artistic & cultural events available in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We love diverse and interesting people. We’re an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to age, disability, gender, genetic background, hair, or national origin. If you're good at what you do and are respectful of your co-workers, please