Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless.
If this sounds like the place for you, we are seeking a staff electrical engineer to develop advanced digital and analog circuits for our cutting-edge DNA sequencing instruments. This position will require excellent engineering skills to develop a wide range of key technologies and product solutions. The Staff Engineer will collaborate extensively with cross-functional teammates, as well as external vendors. Successful candidates will have strong desire to continuously learn in broad areas of science and engineering. They will be energized by a fast paced, interdisciplinary environment that quickly delivers impactful results.
- Translate user needs into technical spec
- Perform digital and analog circuit design
- Integrate off the shelf submodules and PSU
- Create PCBA schematics and layout
- Handle microcontroller programming
- Lead prototype build, integration, and qualification
- Manage Interdisciplinary troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Design and build automatic test fixtures
- Contribute to overall system architecture and verification
- Drive electronic design reviews and technical presentations
- Generate detailed technical documents and work instructions
- Work with supply chain and manufacturing on production transfer activities
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering, electronics, or related technical disciplines
- 10+ years of experience in developing and testing of relevant electronic products, covering subsystems such as:
Advanced experience in schematic and layout design with Orcad or Altium
Solid understanding of EMC and safety compliance requirements
Good firmware coding and testing skills in C language
Demonstrated collaboration skills in order to influence good electrical, FW, and systems design practices
Ability to work in a fast paced, interdisciplinary environment and quickly adjust to rapidly evolving technology and priorities.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explaining technical issues, ideas, and project status to peers and management.
- Embedded controller
- Motion control
- A/D and D/A converter
- SPI, I2C and CAN bus
- Off the shelf power module