The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead the sourcing strategy across multiple categories
- Build strategic relationship with a network of vendors to support our operating model to enable Recursion to rapidly advance drug discovery
- Develop, implement, and manage sourcing activities, including business requirements, sourcing and risk management strategy, supplier selection and qualification, contracting, and performance management throughout the organization.
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the organization to drive RFI/RFP’s, select vendors, deliver contracts that minimize risk and maximize agility, ensure delivery on scope of work, and resolve issues while decreasing costs
- Drive robust performance management strategies and track performance to inform vendor selection across the company
- Create tools to provide insight from market signals that could impact business performance or strategic direction
The Team you’ll Join
- You’ll be a key member of the Business Operations team that designs and supports the systems, processes, and tools that help deliver on our mission. Developing an outsourcing approach that allows us to leverage our scale will enable you to leave your mark as we continue to grow! You will develop collaborative and cross-functional relationships throughout the company as we strive to decode biology and radically improve lives!
The Experience You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5+ years in procurement negotiating contracts and building category strategies
- A BS degree in a technical or biological field (engineering, molecular biology, etc); MBA, CSCM or CPSM certification preferred
- Strong vendor management skills with an emphasis on vendor relationships and collaborations
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to negotiate across multiple categories (Research, CRO, Indirect, IT, etc.) with a track record of cost savings
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, manage and influence cross functionally in a highly matrixed environment with little oversight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a highly dynamic R&D company is strongly preferred
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.