We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products with unprecedented flexibility to study genomics and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing, executing, and analyzing experiments to scale up from E. coli shake flask expression to fermentation in 250 mL, 5L, and 50L reactors to meet project goals for yield and quality.
- Technically lead external CRO and CMO activities to scale/ operate fermentation.
- Technically lead manufacturing group to install and implement developed fermentation processes.
- Work closely with research teams to transfer technology elements from R&D into scale up and manufacturing.
- Create and compile production documentation.
- Hands-on experience with operating and troubleshooting bioreactors up to 50L is a must.
- Hands-on experience with designing, executing, and analyzing experiments to scale up recombinant protein production from E. coli shake flask expression to fermentation in 250 mL, 5L, and 50L reactors.
- Experience with process development design using DOE (design of experiments) is desired, but not required.
- Experience analyzing cell paste quality (by SDS gel and small-scale purification on AKTA systems).
- Experience setting up manufacturing infrastructure (equipment) and documentation (WI, SOP, BOM and MBR) is highly desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/MS/PhD. in Chemical engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Protein chemistry or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years' academic or industry experience developing, validating, and implementing recombinant protein production workflows