Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status. As a key member of the U.S. Controllership, he/she will work closely with cross-functional business partners, oversee the accounting, control and reporting activities of the region, drive the quality of the information reported in the regional financial statements and other management reporting packages by establishing strong collaborative relationships with the various business partners.Essential Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Important skills, capabilities and prior experience requirements include:
- Manage the end-to-end collaboration accounting and reporting process
- Review and on-board new collaboration arrangements and manage the accounting for day-to-day collaboration related financial activities, including milestone payments, cost sharing, royalties, and other contractual right and obligations
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Alliance Management, FP&A, Corporate Development, Technical Accounting, Legal and various internal/external business partners
- Manage accounting issues on complex collaboration arrangements and communicate effectively and timely
- Support interpretation of internal policy and U.S. GAAP accounting standards
- Coordinate and manage internal/external audits and balance sheet reviews
- Lead, execute or support various ad hoc projects/initiatives
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a bachelor's degree or 6 years of experience with a master's degree
- Proven technical accounting expertise (e.g., strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX)
- Proven ability to evaluate and interpret complex arrangements and integrate activities
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership
- A track record of consistent success in different environments preferred
- Proficiency with systems (e.g., Alliant, Oracle/SAP, Hyperion) preferred
- A combination of Big 4 CPA and hands-on operational experience in collaboration and alliance arrangement preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.