Theseus Pharmaceuticals is passionately committed to improving the lives of cancer patients by working to outsmart cancer resistance. Led by a team of targeted oncology pioneers with a proven track record developing and commercializing cancer therapeutics, we are developing the next generation of tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs): “pan-variant” targeted therapies that address all known drug-resistant mutations. We believe a pan-variant approach is the only way to address cancer resistance. Our lead program, THE-630, is a pan-variant KIT inhibitor for patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), whose cancer has developed resistance to earlier lines of kinase inhibitor therapy. We are also developing a fourth-generation, selective epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor to address C797S-mediated resistance to first- or later-line osimertinib treatment in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
For more information, visit theseusrx.com .
Role: Medical Director
The Medical Director/Senior Medical Director, Clinical Development, at Theseus will help advance our clinical pipeline from IND to proof of concept to registration. Specifically, the successful candidate, collaborating with senior medical staff, will provide leadership and medical expertise to drive clinical strategy, clinical trial design, and execution. Working cross-functionally with clinical operations, regulatory affairs, biostatistics, data management, translational medicine and project management, among other development stakeholders, the successful candidate will play a key role as Theseus continues to introduce product candidates into the clinic. They will provide clinical leadership to R&D teams and will work closely with Clinical Development leadership.
Who are we looking for?
- A professional who will drive clinical development plans for Theseus’s development programs.
What are we looking for?
- A professional who enjoys working in a dynamic goal-oriented small company working environment, able to function effectively in a expanding matrix of project and discipline-centric team
- A reliable goal-oriented collaborator and colleague, who can manage priorities and maintain timelines across multiple project teams.
What are we offering?
- To join a growing team of CARING, experienced and motivated individuals focused on making a positive impact in the lives of cancer patients.
- A dynamic work environment that welcomes discussion and adoption of new approaches to improve our Discovery processes.
- The opportunity to define the future state of Structural Biology and Biophysics at Theseus to enable the discovery of new medicines.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with senior medical staff and cross-functional development team, as well as clinical investigators and key opinion leaders, to design and execute clinical development plans for Theseus’s development programs.
- Write clinical sections of key documents, including protocols, Investigator’s Brochures, IND summary documents, CTAs, CSR, as well as responses to questions from regulatory authorities, IRBs, and ethics committees.
- Drive and deliver all aspects of clinical trial execution in the role of Sponsor Medical Monitor in collaboration with Clinical Operations from study concept to final reporting.
- Provide medical review, assessment, and interpretation of clinical data and prepare results for presentation to internal clinical development leadership and external stakeholder including regulatory authorities.
- Support timely and high-quality analysis, interpretation, and communication of data in ongoing and completed studies. Participates in development of abstracts, manuscripts and presentations.
- Coordinate relationships with external key opinion leaders and investigators and lead/participate in investigator meetings, advisory boards, and site visits.
- Collaborate with research leadership and drug discovery teams to shape the Theseus development portfolio.
- Ensure Theseus maintains the highest standards of compliance and ethical behavior in the design, conduct, interpretation and communication of clinical trials, clinical trial data, and clinical trial results.
What you will bring:
- MD, MD/PhD or equivalent with 3+ years of oncology clinical development experience in academic and/or industry settings, at least 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred. Motivated candidates with lesser experience and a passion to learn precision oncology clinical development and contribute to cross functional development teams will also be considered.
- Exposure to design and execution of clinical trials; protocol development and design, development of case report forms, and statistical analysis plans.
- Exposure to working closely with investigative sites, including principal investigators, sub-investigators, study coordinators, and other site personnel involved in clinical trials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work well within team structure is essential
- Demonstrated leadership ability and well-developed interpersonal skills. A proven track record of successfully interacting with and influencing a wide range of people; building strong positive relationships
Transparency: We work with honesty, openness, and integrity.
Community: We collaborate and thrive together.
Patient-Focused: We are committed to finding new medicines for patients.
Resolve: We never give up on our mission.
When You Join Theseus Pharmaceuticals You Will Have:
- Location reachable by public transportation (Red Line)
- Customized and competitive health coverage, including medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision
- Health Savings Account for medical expenses
- Eligible from the first day for 401K with 100% match of the first 5%
- A robust package of Theseus-paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Unlimited time off and 11 Holidays
- Winter Break: Theseus is closed for a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year
Location: Cambridge (Kendall Square), MA
Candidates should be aware that Theseus Pharmaceuticals requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. Theseus is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Theseus Pharmaceuticals is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Theseus about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Theseus via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Theseus unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Theseus for this position and a valid agreement with Theseus is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Theseus agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.