The Biostatistics Intern will work within the Clinical Operations team to support clinical trial activities, model simulations and predict outcomes that will serve as a tool to assist in upcoming clinical trials. The Intern will work on a statistical research project related to survival analysis, Bayesian methods, dose-finding, and clinical trial design with applications to oncology. This person will run simulations and explore the stopping rules for Phase II/III trials, including preparing analysis plans for ongoing studies and setting up the programs for table templates. This position will be part time, approximately 20 hours per week but can be flexible based on availability.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Develop a set of programs to support ongoing studies tables/figures presentation
- Develop analysis plans for ongoing studies
- Apply statistical modeling, simulation and Bayesian methodologies for Phase II/III trials and characterizing the accuracy and limitations of these methods
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Ph.D candidate with 2+ years of study in biostatistics or statistics or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong SAS programming skills for handling complex data structures and reporting Table Figures Listing (TLF) modeling skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to accept direction of lead team members, and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers
- This is a primarily office-based position associated with the main headquarters in downtown Durham, NC. For the time being, this role will be able to function remotely in accordance with company guidelines but is subject to change as needed.
- No travel is expected for this position
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing allogeneic CAR T and in vivo gene correction therapies for cancer and genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.