Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
The newly created Director, Product Management, Population Health Products position will play a critical role in defining and delivering Freenome’s support to patients throughout their early cancer detection journeys.
In this role, you will define the business strategy and product requirements for care management solutions, such as patient navigation and engagement platforms, that will support patients in need of cancer screening. These solutions will be used by patients and healthcare delivery organizations to ensure a seamless cancer screening experience and, thereby, optimal patient outcomes.
You will lead cross-functional teams consisting of technical, clinical, and business colleagues to ideate and deliver solutions. You will drive and manage external partnerships with healthcare delivery organizations and technology partners. These efforts will culminate in the deployment of novel approaches to enable earlier detection of cancer on a broad population scale.
- Develop the product strategy and vision for Freenome’s care management platform
- Conduct market research (secondary and primary) to analyze market dynamics and unmet needs of patients, payers, providers, and less traditional healthcare delivery channels
- Ideate and prioritize products and services that would support patients throughout their early cancer detection journey
- Define product roadmaps and requirements for prioritized products and services, taking into account the ecosystem of customer stakeholders involved
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on the product roadmap. Bring strategic lens to:
- Inform and guide the team’s activities
- Drive cross-functional coordination
- Prioritize deliverables and resource needs
- Problem solve challenges
- Lead external engagements with partners and customers that deliver value to our partners, customers, patients, and Freenome
- Craft collaboration scope
- Lead execution of collaboration
- Grow partnerships from pilot testing to full deployment
Your background, perspective and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in an analytical, technical, or scientific field, and advanced degree preferred
- At least ten years of experience in a business strategy or product strategy role, with extensive customer-facing experience
- At least five years of experience working with health plans and/or health systems
- At least five years of experience in product development for digitally-enabled care management, patient navigation, and/or patient engagement products.
- Demonstrated ability to design solutions that address patients’ barriers to care
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- Solutions-oriented and bias-to-action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Onsite, #LI-Hybrid