Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Our business is growing! In an effort to build a strong candidate pipeline for future job openings, we are accepting applications for Human Resources professionals. Apply today to be considered during our next hiring period. This role can be based in Basking Ridge, NJ or remote.
This position is responsible for developing strong working relationships with internal groups and functions to achieve strategic business and HR goals. It supports complex teams, leads projects and processes, develops HR strategies and interventions which serve beyond the immediate needs of the organization. The incumbent will establish credible reputation within the organization and maintain an open dialogue with internal clients and line managers regarding HR programs, policies, and procedures to ensure they satisfy business needs. It may serve as a member of the DSI HR Leadership Team. The position will assess overall needs and gaps to coach and advise functional leaders, drive the performance management process and utilize the results as a basis for establishing specific, measurable and achievable objectives and developmental plans.
- Lead all HR processes for assigned client group(s), e.g. organizational design and effectiveness, talent planning, coaching, compensation, performance management, talent acquisition and complex special projects, as assigned; liaise with Centers of Expertise to execute programs and processes; influence organization-wide application and roll-out methodology; demonstrate high level of acumen on all HR matters
- Collaborate and provide expert consultation, advice and guidance to senior and executive line managers and functional leaders/teams; serve as member of client leadership teams, as applicable
- Partner with senior and executive management to create and execute HR direction; refresh, interpret and communicate HR process/policies/programs to increase organizational effectiveness; oversee and influence roll-out of new HR initiatives and change management strategies in consideration of functional group climate, culture and environment; participate and/or facilitate leadership team discussions at all levels and gain the mutual respect and trust of other members for both tactical and strategic initiatives
- Assess increasingly complex issues in client group(s) and ensure prompt resolution; provide unbiased perspectives and solutions after obtaining additional knowledge regarding issues and concerns that have been escalated; partner with internal experts and functional leaders to manage employee relations investigations
- Acts as coach/mentor for others at the department level; Behaves as role model and expert in all facets of Human Resources.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. required
- Master's Degree or other advanced degree preferred Experience Qualifications
- 10 or More Years Extensive experience and proven success in working effectively at senior management levels to impact and influence decision-making and in supporting global organizations required
- Global experience, preferably in complex globalization processes in major business units - strongly preferred preferred
- Proven experience leading others and/or key business initiatives that have broad business impact - strongly preferred preferred
- Experience in the use of metrics and analytics in a way that drives business performance - strongly preferred preferred
- Proven application in leveraging business acumen and external insights to improve business and talent outcomes - strongly preferred preferred
- Experience in leading change management efforts including defining change and communication plans - strongly preferred preferred
- Demonstrated experience in applying workforce planning knowledge, engagement strategies, and succession management - strongly preferred preferred
- Proven experience in working effectively within a matrixed environment and building alignment in a cross functional and team environment - strongly preferred preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.