Regeneron is currently looking for a Staff Quality Control (QC) Virology Scientist with a Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm schedule. This position handles new virus and mycoplasma method development and improvement, method validation or product sample-matrix validation, test specification management, standard procedure creation or revision, and continuous improvement project management with a focus on developing next generation sequencing technologies in a cGMP compliant manner. Accountable for the technical performance and results of the development team.
As a Staff QC Virology Scientist , a typical day might include the following:
- Develop and implement Next Generation Sequencing technology in a GMP environment.
- Develop and maintain virus and mycoplasma detection assays (in vitro cell based as well as molecular assays i.e. PCR)—This includes writing study protocols and technical reports.
- Implement the method validation program —This includes writing lab protocols and validation reports for regulatory filing.
- Train personnel in basic to sophisticated laboratory and troubleshooting techniques (e.g. PCR methods). Responsible for building a strong team of knowledgeable analysts to perform virus and mycoplasma testing of samples.
- Evaluate and implement new techniques and technologies in GMP environment (e.g. Third Generation Sequencing).
- Serve as SME for molecular assay.
- Provide key leadership, vision, and direction to the development group while providing operation and technical expertise.
- Ensure safety, cleanliness and compliance.
This role might be for you if:
- You enjoy identifying, introducing, and onboarding alternative and rapid technologies applicable to Virology assays and procedures.
- You like to influence the field of QC-Virology in the pharmaceutical industry and have a continuous improvement mentality.
- You have the passion to direct a team of capable innovators striven to improve all aspects of routine QC testing and investigational tools.
- You understand the challenges and constrains of all things GMP and how to navigate this environment.
- Have experience in crafting, developing, and deploying GMP assays from end-to-end.
- Have strong analytic skills and a detailed approach to problem solving DV1, DV2
- Can drive projects forward within the validation framework at Regeneron.
- Enjoy leading and mentoring team members, including participating in the growing internship program.
To be considered for the Staff QC Virology Scientist you must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. For various levels you must have the following:
Sr. QC Virology Scientist: PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field with 2+ years relevant experience including biotech /pharmaceutical industry or GMP supervisory experience
Staff QC Virology Scientist: PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field with 5+ years relevant experience including biotech /pharmaceutical industry or GMP supervisory experience
Sr. Staff QC Virology Scientist: PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field with 8+ years relevant experience including biotech /pharmaceutical industry or GMP supervisory experience
Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$96,400.00 - $180,500.00