GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Senior Analyst, FP&A is a key contributor in the Finance organization who helps transform GRAIL’s strategy and long-term vision into financial plans. As a trusted business partner to the Clinical & Medical leaders, this role owns the budget, variance reporting, annual operating plan, and long-range plan workstreams specific to these groups. Additionally, the Sr. Analyst supports investment decisions for clinical trials, research collaborations, and other key initiatives through business case analysis to ensure continued success of these functions.
This position will report to the Manager, FP&A on a dynamic Finance team with high visibility to senior leaders within Finance as well as senior and executive leaders in the Medical organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in FP&A, deep understanding of financial concepts to provide guidance to business partners through clear communication.You will:
Your background should include:
- Drive the annual operating plan and quarterly forecast update processes for all Clinical trial & departmental spend to ensure accuracy of financial projections
- Communicate budget variance drivers and investment activity insights to Clinical Development & Medical leadership through monthly reporting
- Collaborate with FP&A and Clinical Development leadership to ensure Long-Range Plan aligns with functional and company goals
- Provide financial analysis to support executive decision making on clinical trials, collaborations, and other research investments
- Prepare presentations for budget, forecast, and business case analysis
- 3-5 + years’ experience in Finance or Business Analysis or combination of BS/BA degree with relevant experience in Finance, Accounting, Life Science-related, or Business-related
- Prior experience in Diagnostic/Life Science industries nice to have.
- Proven teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Experience building business case analyses and delivering presentations to senior management
- Experience with Google Suite or other cloud based office programs.
- Start-up experience in a high-growth organization, a plus.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.