ImmunityBio, Inc. is a late-stage immunotherapy company developing next-generation therapies that drive immunogenic mechanisms for defeating cancer and infectious disease. The company’s immunotherapy platform is designed to activate both the innate (natural killer cell and macrophage) and adaptive (T cell) immune systems to create long-term “immunological memory.”
The Director, Market Access leads, supports and provides input into the vision, strategy, analysis, tactical implementation plans and opportunity for securing reimbursement with commercial and government payers for promoted products. The ability to work in a dynamic, changing marketplace to meet corporate and patient needs is essential. This role will collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Analytics, and Medical to ensure alignment of strategies and priorities. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Market Access.
- Provide extensive understanding of managed markets, both pharmacy and medical covered products
- Partner on cross functional teams in collaboration of new product launches
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Medicare, MAC, Medicaid Fee for Services experience as well as established payer relationships at the national and regional commercial health plans.
- Communicate complex information to multiple stakeholders
- Develop product access strategies and tactics for specific managed markets customer segments and payer channels to support the launch planning process for pipeline products.
- Execute comprehensive payer specific reimbursement strategic plans and resolve payer access and reimbursement issues
- Identify competitive threats and developing response strategies to ensure optimal payer access for products.
- Budget oversight, vendor management assessment and evaluation
- Ensure full compliance of all applicable laws and complies with ImmunityBio’s policies and procedures.
- Drives full compliance to all applicable laws and complies with ImmunityBio’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other projects and duties as requested.
Education & Experience
- BA in Business or Life Sciences, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the US pharma/biotech industry
- 10+ years of working with customers in a Market Access capacity
- Experience with State Price Transparency Reporting
- Mandatory government rebates and pricing understanding, gross to net impact
- Must have the following experience for the West region:
- National and Regional Commercial
- United Healthcare
- Blue Shield of CA
- Medicaid Fee For Service
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to manage complexities and ambiguity in a fast-growing biotech environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent understanding of US payer environment, payer market dynamics, and payer marketing principles
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate
- Conducts self with high integrity, trust and ethical standards
- Must possess a strong sense of accountability
- Strong Medicare knowledge
- Extensive understanding managed markets, both pharmacy and medical covered products
- Proven success in new product launches
- Must fully comply to all applicable laws and with ImmunityBio’s policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate complex information to multiple stakeholders
Working Environment / Physical Environment
- Willingness to travel up to 60%
- Remote, field-based position
ImmunityBio is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. ImmunityBio may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.