No matter what role you play in FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (“FDB”), you are part of a team that is having a profound impact on the lives of countless individuals and families across the globe. The manufacturing processes that we develop and the medicines that we produce help protect, improve, extend and save lives. We recognize that in order to maximize our impact and ensure the success of our customers and therefore the success of FDB, we need to build a diverse team of individuals that are driven by a passion that we call “Genki.” Genki is personal, it's your driving force to learn, grow, strive to do better, and strive to be better knowing that your work truly is positively impacting the lives of countless others around the world.
FDB is a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (“CDMO”) with the sole purpose to support our customers as they deliver on the medicines of today and advance the medicines of the tomorrow. The Program Management team are critical to the successful delivery of our customer's programs and therefore the success of FDB through careful coordination and management of the vast resources across the FDB network including incredibly talented subject matter experts that each contribute to delivering on our commitments to our customers to advance tomorrow's medicines. The role of Site Head, Biologics Program Management is to lead the local Program Management team:
- Sponsor and direct program delivery at Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies to deliver on the commitments made to our customers and provide outstanding customer service.
- Accountable for the site S&OP process to ensure that the site delivery plans are aligned with the budget, that the resource and asset strategies of the business are based on forecasts of customer demand while pro-actively identifying and mitigating risks.
- Deliver on FDB commitments to our customers by ensuring that each customer program is managed in accordance with established FDB best practice procedures and processes: with open communication:
- Ensuring that all customer program activities are planned, tracked in detailed program plans delineated by function with critical path clearly identified.
- Ensure that clear and open channels of communication are established with customers and stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Ensure that as program risks are identified, mitigation plans are established as necessary
- Understanding the impact of changes to program plans (both client requested and necessary changes given developmental nature of programs) to create, develop and test options with FDB and customers, securing agreement and implementing revised plans and milestones.
- Bringing together a total picture of the complete add-up of customer programs on site, identifying issues and changes and providing the Site Leadership Team or Commercial Leadership Team with options when major issues arise.
- Support company revenue targets by maximising program milestone success, identifying and assessing options when change occurs, and seeking to balance ups/downs across the portfolio.
- Minimize negative impact on program revenues and profitability by ensuring PMs recognise scope changes on existing work-plans and manage additional scope requests.
- Facilitate the development of great customer relationships by ensuring PMs understand and display excellent customer service and by personally representing FDB on JSC meetings.
- Underpin the reputation of FDB for superb customer service and as a high achieving profitable business by building and coaching a team of PMs, aligned to customer programs, sharing best practice, being comfortable at dealing with customers at senior level and encouraging a learning environment.
- Manage a site-wide S&OP process facilitating delivery of budget and MTP by
- Tracking, analyzing and sharing program KPI performance encouraging and seeking ways to improve.
- Working with functional leaders to prioritise site activities versus business and customer needs and make recommendations to the Site Leadership Team / Executive Committee when such prioritisation demands arise.
- Maintaining the near-term, mid-term and long-term asset plans and production forecasts. Identify and advise the Executive Committee of bottlenecks / opportunities in the schedule to allow the company to plan or react as necessary.
- Collaborate with Program management Leadership across the FDB network to improve “ways of working” and optimise FDB delivery plans at each location.
- BS in chemistry, biochemistry, engineering or microbiology, and 10+ years relevant experience in positions of different disciplines, including minimum 3 years project management and/or marketing and sales.
- MBA or Masters degree in Science an asset/ preferred.
- Experience managing projects valued at $5M or more.
- Proven Account Management/Project Management skills in order to create maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Knowledge of cGMP & FDA regulations.
- Detail oriented, motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator.
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment.
- This is a customer facing role and requires solid organizational skills and people management abilities
- Complex customer base including very small start-up Biotechs and major pharmaceutical companies thus the job holder must be able to adjust behaviours appropriately and operate comfortably at very senior level.
- With a global customer portfolio, this job holder must recognise, respect and adapt to the specific needs of our customers and recognise cultural differences.
- Job holder must have an overview of the entire business in order to discharge this role and ensure appropriate decision making that takes into account impact on all functions.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBUHR@fujifilm.com.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.