PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB) is a premier life science technology company that is designing, developing and manufacturing advanced sequencing solutions to help scientists and clinical research resolve genetically complex problems. Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Genomics is core to all biological processes, and our advanced genomics tools provide scientists and clinical researchers the insights to better understand biology and health. We are now entering the century of biology and genomics is at the heart of the next revolution. Become part of the new paradigm in gene sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
PacBio is looking for a talented, experienced individual to join the chip design group, working on current and next generation product development and analysis. The candidate will help invent, model, design and test novel photonic structures for Single Molecule Real Time Sequencing. The candidate will be involved in the prototyping of the new devices and work with both development and production groups to bring selected innovations into full production. Responsibilities also include hands-on testing of fabricated structures. The engineer will be part of cross-functional teams and will have to interface with a wide range of disciplines, such as enzymology, chemistry, instrumentation engineering, process development.
- Work with the chip design team to identify potential innovations for PacBio chips and systematically evaluate their potential performance in-silico using a variety of simulation tools.
- Collaborate with process development team during prototype fabrication.
- Analyze and model empirical and theoretical data to drive design and metrology.
- Design of integrated optical components for PacBio chips.
- Follow up on fabrication of prototypes for new concepts and execute test plans to evaluate their performance against design.
- Design, build and verification of custom test tools to measure device-specific performance parameters.
- Implementation of design into a layout with the aid of a CAD tool.
- Documentation of optical component and tool designs.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or related, preferred.
- A strong theoretical and practical understanding of integrated optics and silicon-based photosensors.
- Solid background in statistics and data analysis.
- Design, construction and automation of custom measurement systems, especially as it pertains to integrated optics test stands, photosensor characterization, microscopy systems and electrical probing stands.
- Perform numerical simulation of Optical Near-Field Structures using FDTD methods (Lumerical), beam propagation method.
- Extensive experience writing algorithms for data processing and image processing (Matlab, Python).
- Experience with CMOS Image sensor or related photosensor technology design is a plus.
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: