Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe, Asia and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, and inflammation. Leveraging these skills and expertise the Company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The Assay Operations Group is seeking a talented and innovative Senior Research Scientist (full-time/permanent position) to join our growing team at Evotec’s US headquarters in Princeton, New Jersey. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading ongoing and future collaborations with multiple discovery partners in the design, development and execution of novel in vitro enzyme assays to support early-stage drug discovery and development.
- Working with a team of scientist in the design, validation and execution of in vitro enzyme assays for characterization of small and large molecule drug candidates
- Provide leadership to and mentoring of junior members of the department with the potential for direct reports
- Directly interacting with our clients in a Project Management Role; providing project updates and generating reports
- Interacting with management at all levels
- Maintaining detailed laboratory records of all activities
- The successful candidate should hold a PhD in biological sciences (or equivalent) with 5-7yrs experience working both independently and collaboratively in a laboratory environment
- Experience in the design, validation and routine implementation of biochemical in vitro enzyme assays is essential
- Experience with in vitro techniques such as fluorescent measurement technologies (FRET, BRET, HTRF, FP) highly desirable
- Experience in performing assay development, validation and execution (including data analysis) is essential
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Sigma Plot or GraphPad Prism is essential
- Ability to work in a diverse cross-functional team and excellent communication skills are essential
- Direct management experience of junior scientists highly desirable
Evotec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.