GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Staff Assay Biostatistician provides statistical expertise and leadership to pre-analytical and analytical assay studies. The Biostatistician partners with key internal stakeholders to design, analyze, and interpret to pre-analytical and analytical studies in support of GRAIL’s product development.You Will:
Your Background Should Include:
- Performs statistical activities in support of analytical studies specifically around study design, statistical analysis plans, study reports, presentations, and publications, under supervision of a more senior member of the group.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with internal and external collaborators on statistical activities, under the guidance of a more senior member of the functional group.
- Works on complex problems with the expectation to exercise judgment in selecting methods and executing responsibilities within broadly defined practices, SOPs and instructions.
- Demonstrates success in technical proficiency, creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate effectively in a multi-disciplinary study team..
- PhD with 3+ years or MS in Statistics/Biostatistics with 6+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge of both theoretical and applied statisticsOutstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills with a strong ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Experience in programming with R or Python.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in a rapid paced and cross-functional team environment
- Experience applying statistical methods to develop NGS assays and algorithms in an industry settingFamiliarity with regulatory standards, quality management systems, and medical device product development design control
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in a cross functional team environment
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.