Perform Maintenance duties required to support production goals while complying with quality standards and safety requirements. Diagnose production and/or packaging equipment to determine repair needs. Perform repairs in a timely manner and complete all required documentation in accordance with cGMPs and department SOP’s. Maintain equipment functionality through the preventative maintenance program.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
• Maintain a clean and organized work area during and at the end of each shift.
• Assist in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by working safely and observing all general plant and department safety policies.
• Performs all assigned duties according to departmental SOP’s and cGMP’s.
• Remains current on proper procedures by reviewing current, revised, and new SOP’s relating to the job and to the department.
• Completes and remains current with all required cGMP and safety training.
• Performs maintenance and repairs of production / packaging equipment to support the on-time delivery to customers, with a minimum amount of downtime.
• Assist with set-up and changeovers of production / packaging equipment.
• Troubleshoots equipment and coordinate corrective actions to reduce or eliminate defects, rejects, or equipment downtime.
• Completes all required documentation associated with the repair and maintenance of production and / or packaging equipment.
• Provides guidance and training to less experienced mechanics to ensure PM’s, line set-up and changeovers are performed within established requirements.
• Two-year Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Systems, Instrumentation, Electrical Systems, Electronics or similar field with a minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience in industrial maintenance performing mechanical/electrical repairs preferred.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent with 3 – 5 years of experience in industrial maintenance performing mechanical/electrical repairs will also be considered.
• Mastery in Electrical & Mechanical troubleshooting.
• Proficiency in Maintenance Methods.
• Proficiency with multiple types of industrial manufacturing equipment.
• Experience working in a cGMP or FDA regulated environment.
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions
• Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
• Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
• Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
• Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
• Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
• Knowledge of manual and automated production / packaging equipment.
• Ability to use, clean, and store tools and other devices required for the performance of the job in a manner which prevents damage to the tools and / or equipment.
• Ability to apply troubleshooting principles with industrial equipment.
• Working knowledge of Filling/Packaging equipment.
• Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to read Electrical and Mechanical manuals and schematics.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.