You’re passionate about delivering operational excellence and have the drive to deliver results. At your core you are disciplined to deliver efficiency and the ultimate candidate and customer experience. You can implement bold ideas with a positive attitude. As a University Relations Coordinator, you will be supporting the University Relations team with the recruitment process, including coordinating intern program logistics, campus recruitment and event logistics, scheduling interviews, managing candidate travel, maintaining applicant tracking system and candidate workflow processes, and continuously growing and developing.
This role is intended to be a 6-month contract and is posted for Lake County, IL. This role will operate within our hybrid Ways We Work model.
- Provide high touch customer service to candidates and hiring managers, ensuring a positive candidate, and hiring manager experience.
- Process onboarding and pre-employment screens through completion, inclusive of background and drug screens.
- Register for career fairs, info sessions, networking events and other University Relations engagements. Create calendar invitations and communications to business stakeholders.
- Assist with intern programming events and logistics.
- Utilize technology platforms such as Handshake and Avature to post jobs and promote events.
- Assist with managing campus inventory and shipments.
- Support management of shared inbox and respond to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Schedule interviews for interns and early career candidates, coordinating travel and arranging debrief sessions.
- Offboard interns at the conclusion of program.
- Update ATS (Taleo) candidate statuses as necessary.
- Support other University Relations efforts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in staffing coordination or an HR environment preferred.
- Experience using recruiting systems such as Taleo, Avature, and Handshake is preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills and the ability to interact with customers and team members at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritization skills and follow-up.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred. ability to use MS Office products.
- Ability to commute into the Lake County, IL HQ preferred.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.