HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Sr. Data ScientistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Global Supply Chain (GSC) team is responsible for enabling the commercial supply of our medicines across the globe. Our vision is to be an industry leader in delivering a diverse portfolio of innovative medicines to patients worldwide, ensuring every patient, every study, every time.
GSC is seeking a Sr Data Scientist who would focus on integrating complex data sources, performing data analytics, applying data science models, and developing various visualizations and dashboards. This role will actively collaborate with various business leaders and design and implement sophisticated analytical models.
- Leverage large datasets to conduct end-to-end supply chain and manufacturing analytics that include data gathering and requirements specifications, processing, analytics, and presentations.
- Partner with IS and Data Engineers to ensure that the models feeding the dashboards are robust, functional, and relevant to business needs
- Ensures delivery of efficient, agile, integrated business and system processes while incorporating agile project management approaches
- Motivate, coach, and serve as a role model for staff and coordinate deployment of team resources to help advance the business and their professional aspirations and growth.
- Cultivate a collaborative environment where the team has a solid sense of belonging, are engaged and invested in their own and organizational success, maintain a high degree of initiative, critical thinking, and intellectual curiosity, and have a big picture orientation to build comprehensive and enduring solutions.
- Develop and deliver clear and precise communications related to digital technologies and solutions that are tailored to the needs of technical and business collaborators.
- Collaborate with peers in other functions (Operations Digital Strategy & Capability, Digital Technology & Innovation, digital functional spokes etc.) on multi-functional digital transformation initiatives to drive efficiencies
- Design and develop analyses (e.g., descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive) to enable concrete insights and to inform timely decision-making.
- Stay on top of the latest trends in the field through continuous learning and an active peer internal/external network to address emerging business and regulatory imperatives.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of data science or equivalent area of focus experience OR
- Masters degree and 6 years of data science or equivalent area of focus experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of data science or equivalent area of focus experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of data science or equivalent area of focus experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data science or equivalent area of focus experience
- Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science, or equivalent area of focus
- 2+ years of experience in a managerial role leading successful technical resources (data engineers, data scientists, automation engineers)
- Demonstrated experience in application of advanced analytics, statistical modeling, natural language processing, artificial/augmented intelligence, and/or machine learning tools/techniques to address complex business problems
- Strong programming background with demonstrable proficiency in Python, and/or R, SQL, Databricks, BI Tools (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire), and data engineering/management tools
- Experience with cloud native platforms and tools (e.g., AWS S3, DynamoDB, Redshift etc.)
- Familiarity with biotechnology processes, regulatory requirements (GxPs, CSV, Data Integrity, Data Privacy), and significant information systems (e.g., Quality Management System, Laboratory Information Management System, Manufacturing Execution System, SAP etc.)
- Experience with DevOps, Agile, and good software practices
- Strong communication and influence, and executive presence
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.