Sr. IT Budget Manager, VMO
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.Job Description
The Sr. IT Budget Manager is responsible for the oversight of client and vendor counterparties, including procurement, sourcing, contracting compliance, set-up and monitoring of vendors and monitoring of counterparty financial and portfolio performance. The position requires contact with employees and managers at all levels as well as contact with clients, vendors, state and government representatives.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: Perform planning٫ evaluation٫ design and implementation of the company's IT budget. Duties will also include reviewing budget proposals٫ making reports and preparing all kinds of related documentation.
- Manage and track IT organizational budget
- Manage and track software spend budget for the IT software portfolio.
- Enhance KPI and BI reporting for budget tracking and performance.
- Analyze company's financial information (such as cash management٫ expenditures٫ and revenues) making sure that company's financial operations do not exceed budget limits
- Review budget suggestions and requests
- Review completed budgets for compliance with legal regulations
- Design and present budget-models٫ including department-level and enterprise-level ones
- Design effective budgeting policies and procedures٫ and manage their implementation
- Develop suggestions on spending to optimize the resulting budget
- Compare company's estimated financial results with the actual ones at the end of each reporting period and analyze the differences
- Make sure company's departments meet their budget submission deadlines
- Present yearly budget results to company's executives and top managers
- Make forecasts about budget needs for future accounting periods.
- High School Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Six Years Experience OR PhD
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of IT and the service catalog and assigned departments/business areas
- Strong communication, excellent research skills, and learning agility to understand internal business or IT process, best practices and translate into technology needs/opportunities
- Strong work ethic, a sense of business urgency, and ability to work effectively with many deadlines in a complex matrix organization
- Strong business acumen
- Possesses strong leadership skills and able to make critical decisions
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Strong executive-level verbal and written communications
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management, dealing with senior management up to executive level
Gilead Core Values:Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Ability to work with dispersed and global teams and locations
- Excellent at interpersonal skills and relationship development
- Specific experience in the Life Sciences/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare industries is preferred
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.