As a member of the Barry-Wehmiller family of companies, CARR Centritech has been an industry leader in centrifugation for more than three decades. Today, CARR Biosystems continues that pioneering legacy by delivering high-performance, fully-scalable bioprocessing solutions to accelerate process development. Our mission is to advance life-saving and life-enhancing solutions worldwide by supplying the best bioprocessing equipment on the market. In the process, we empower scientists and engineers to produce vital biologics in emerging and established markets, including cell and gene therapy, vaccine development, microbial fermentation and cellular agriculture. For more, visit carrbiosystems.com.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Be inspired. Be empowered. Be fulfilled. Become part of a company that truly cares about you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated Director of Supply Chain. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who are driven to succeed, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Director of Supply Chain will have primary responsibility for providing leadership of the Division’s supply chain function including planning, procurement, materials management, and logistics in a mixed model manufacturing environment. Partners with the various site operational functions and Platform Strategic Sourcing function to ensure highly efficient lean supply chain execution in terms of material cost, quality, delivery, and inventory for the division. Provides insightful leadership by encouraging others to discover, develop and apply their talents enabling them to reach their full potential. Actively engages in our Lean journey by building and acting on continuous improvement and development opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a mixed model manufacturing background with “real world” experience in a manufacturing environment.
The primary focus includes but is not limited to:
- Development and implementation of an S&OP, and material planning and buying process
- Driving cost savings in coordination with Platform Strategic Sourcing function
- Management and execution of planning/buying function including financial and regulatory compliance
- Tactical supplier performance management – Supplier Quality & Delivery
- Inventory optimization
- Setting up Kanban and other pull systems
- Support of Make vs. Buy initiatives
- Developing and coaching global supply chain team members to create a reliable supply chain for traditional OEM machinery, aftermarket fulfillment and new product development
- Develop and execute a global supply strategy supporting multi-site manufacture and fulfillment
- Continuous improvement of all supply chain practices and processes
- This position will have direct and/or indirect reports in the areas of Buyers, Planners, Warehouse & Materials Management
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement improvements to Supply Chain to support the growth and customer go-to-market strategies. Improve responsiveness to customers and reduce operating expenses and working capital
- Assess supply chain team to ensure effective leadership, and appropriate staffing, structure, skills sets and training to meet aggressive goals and evolving business needs
- Develop inventory management strategies and programs to ensure maximum inventory turns, best price, high quality, and consistent support to just in time style manufacturing and high availability aftermarket
- Work with key members of the supply chain, new product development, engineering, manufacturing, and other key functional areas of the business. Develop, establish, and implement the S&OP processes/metrics, guidelines, and policies
- Build multi-functional teams to support better Supply-Demand planning integrating with sites, purchasing, sales & marketing, customer service and finance to ensure customer satisfaction
- Drive relentless focus and organizational execution on following key supply base metrics: Delivery (OTD), Inventory (DOI), Supplier Quality (PPM), Cost (Material Savings)
- Manage the day-to-day Supply Chain and Materials Management functions to achieve key metrics – on time, at planned cost and quality
- Implement Kanban/VMI/Pull/3PL contracts to ensure maximum inventory turns, best price, high quality, and consistent support to manufacturing
- Collaborate with Operations to develop and execute Make/Buy strategies
- Lead Strategic Sourcing initiatives to develop and execute the best value global supply chain for the Division
- Drive and ensure suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives including lead time reduction, flexibility to schedules, quality improvement & inventory reduction (entire supply chain), in conjunction with Platform Strategic Sourcing Function
- Review and ensure that the appropriate financial metrics are monitored, and proper fiscal controls are in place to maximize cost savings throughout the function
- Develop and automate key metrics and ensure continuous improvement to metrics over time
- Maintain the professional atmosphere and capability of the department. Enforce the very highest ethical standards
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of supply chain and operations experience
- Proven leadership abilities and in-depth knowledge of supply chain management
- Strong background and understanding of:
- Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP)
- Tactical Procurement (Buying)
- Kanban/Pull Systems & Inventory Optimization
- Experience with Fabrication, Machining, Castings, Forgings and mechanical components and assemblies a plus
- Strong project management skills / background
- Working knowledge of Infor XA (Mapics) preferred
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.