Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As an Associate Director of Software Engineering, Instrument Control you will build, manage, and lead a software engineering team to design and implement software for microscope instrument data acquisition and control.
You are an adventurous, passionate, and creative software engineering manager eager to apply your talents to empower interdisciplinary scientific exploration, inaugurate a radical drug-discovery paradigm, and ultimately create novel medicines. You will bring to this challenge enthusiasm, high energy, intellectual curiosity, and scientific rigor. You are excited about being a foundational leader of a small but growing team.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers and business representatives to understand short- and long-term needs and requirements, including UI/UX
- Interface with biologists, medicinal chemists, microscopists, and optical and automation engineers to design and deploy computational solutions for high-resolution microscopes and related instrumentation developed at Eikon
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, developing milestones and deadlines in coordination with the broader company goals
- BS, MS equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related quantitative field (physics, statistics)
- Minimum of 10-12 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or 8-10 years with a Master’s.
- 5+ years of industry experience managing teams developing instrumentation software in a scientific domain
- Experience in biotechnology preferred
- Manage engineers in the full instrument control software stack, including instrument control GUI, data acquisition software, diagnostic services, task management, firmware, and device control.
- Although this is a management position, strong programming experience in C++ / Java / C# or related language is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile scrum, and Gantt program management environments
- Team oriented, flexible, able to adapt to rapidly evolving goals and challenges
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to have received both an FDA-approved primary vaccine series and at least one booster vaccine against COVID-19 as of their start date. If you are unable to meet this requirement due to a disability or serious medical condition, or due to a sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.