The Scientific Supplies and Services group supports the daily needs of AbbVie’s science based organizations, within the R&D laboratories by providing critical supplies and services to support a large broad-based bio pharma facility. This group ensures successful execution of essential laboratory support functions and performs timely procurement of supplies/services/equipment, enabling AbbVie scientists and researchers to focus on advancing their core pipeline objectives.
- Supervise the procurement, dispersal, and financial reporting of lab consumable inventory. Partners with Purchasing and Supplier Management (PSM) to support strategic sourcing initiatives, supplier performance, and accounting / auditing of various commodities regulated by government agencies. Support activities of R&D by sourcing, managing, and distributing lab chemicals and consumable supplies.
- Manages the service teams activities including; collection of used lab solvents and chemical wastes, deactivating / disposing of medical wastes, tracking chemicals, tax-free alcohol and controlled drugs procured through them.
- Manage stockroom staff, which includes; setting expectations, providing performance feedback, addressing performance issues, promoting growth and development. Implement cross-training and backup-up strategies ensuring appropriate skills and coverage based on area specific requirements.
- Subject Matter Expert / key local user with the Procure to Pay SAP activities (SRM/ECC) supporting R&D / Operations with project and non-project indirect procurement of supplies, services and equipment, and actively support invoice payment issue resolution across the organization.
- Cross-functional collaboration with R&D/Operations/Regulatory Affairs customers, PSM professionals, Accounts Payable/Corporate Disbursement Organization, Finance, Environmental Health and Safety.
- Provides area metrics on customers to identify/support opportunities for process enhancement and integration within the department, across R&D. Strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Provides business system support based on Corporate and industry technology trends and innovations and acts as operation / system subject matter expert to support standardization efforts and best-in-class practices globally across different R&D sites.
- Ensures activities are compliant with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Illinois Emergency Management Administration (IMEA)/Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act ((RCRA), Federal/Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMCSA), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
- Fosters relationships with relevant suppliers to promote scientist awareness and encourage innovative thinking by coordinating supplier seminars, lectures, and demonstrations to promote and educate researchers about new products, techniques, best practices, and leading edge technology.
- Highly customer centric with focus on ability to understand requests and turn them into actionable plans with sustainable results.
- High school diploma with 10 or more years of relevant experience, or BA/BA and 5 years operational/technical/quality experience
- Demonstrated leadership with prior supervisory experience in a team environment focused on culture, productivity, agility, cross-functional initiatives, and compliance
- Effective problem solving, issue identification and resolution skill sets with strong verbal and written communication across a matrixed organization
- Ability to deal positively with a large diverse demanding customer base maintaining composure when confronted with adversity, and provide services
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with customers and key stakeholders, and seek to understand business trends and identify business opportunities
- Ability to develop, motivate and maintain high performing teams and effectively manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in IT system development process (requirement gathering, design, testing, etc.) desirable
- Science background (chemistry/biology) preferred. Engineering, business, supply chain or material management experience desirable
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience and demonstrated working knowledge of Purchasing systems
- Position is customer centric and must be on-site daily
Scientific and Operations Community, Purchasing (PSM), EHS, Procure to Pay, Accounts Payable, Vendors and Manufacturers/Suppliers, Asset Management
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.