Sr Manager, Quality Assurance
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
The Sr. Manager- QA Compliance, - will report to the Associate Director or above of Quality Assurance Compliance. This key position will conduct GMP audits of Gilead's global suppliers such as contract manufacturing, contract packaging and labeling, and contract testing labs. This position will lead audits to support the effectiveness of the global audit program and will work closely with each of the GMP/GDP various functions and stakeholders at the Alberta, Cork, Foster City, Oceanside, San Dimas/LV, and New Jersey sites. Job Responsibilities
- Conduct global vendor audits for Gilead GMP providers of raw materials, product contact consumables, contract manufacturing or testing, software, warehouse / distribution, including biologic and aseptically manufactured drug substances and drug products in support of Gilead's clinical and commercial oral and parenteral dosage formulations and associated medical devices as assigned.
- Capable of auditing using various formats such as On-site, Virtual, or by Questionnaire
- Manage all aspects of the audit lifecycle including scheduling, planning, issuing agendas, executing, issuing reports, evaluating responses, managing an audit team, requesting clarification, issuing CA/PA, and closing.
- Maintain individual metrics and key performance indicators at required levels.
- Execute individual assigned audits in alignment with established expectations.
- Ensure that the audit agenda is risk-based and has the appropriate internal and/or external subject matter experts as part of the audit team.
- Work directly with Gilead cross-functional departments to gather key information and feedback prior to conducting vendor audits to ensure robustness and effectiveness.
- Ensure completion of correct CA/PA to address compliance concerns identified during audits as applicable.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of procedures, tools and templates to assist in the evaluation of suppliers and to assist in improvement of the auditing process.
- Identify compliance risks and escalate issues to appropriate levels of management for resolution.
- Promote, awareness across the commercial and clinical manufacturing platform of current regulatory agency requirements and trends and develop and report on the trends identified to better focus the scope of audits.
- Drive consistency with audit report observation wiring, classification, status, and overall risk
- Ensure all supplier information is accurate in support of the Approved Supplier List
- Conduct due diligence assessments as part of global expansion as required
- Identify and drive program improvements and meet all assigned goals
- Other responsibilities as required.
Domestic and International travel is required up to 50%Essential Functions:
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Supports Compliance management in maintaining the company's Compliance program.
- May manage the day-to-day activities of one or more individual contributors, including task assignment and prioritization, monitoring task performance, and conducting performance reviews.
- Ensures awareness of compliance requirements and responsibilities within the function.
- Establishes excellent working relationships with compliance/quality groups.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of applicable compliance requirements through attendance at industry and regulatory agency sponsored meetings and seminars and individual self-study including periodic review of all relevant regulations, guidance documents, and requirements.
- Responsible for providing guidance on interpretation and application of existing and new requirements. Provide guidance to assigned departments and management when specific compliance issues arise.
- Assists in evaluation and implementation of standard operating procedures and systems needed to comply with requirements.
- May lead various types of audits or projects or supervise contractors. Audits may include internal systems audits, external vendor audits, or document reviews.
- Assists in regulatory agency inspections. Assists in coordination of responses to any regulatory agency findings.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of compliance requirements, and an understanding of current global and regional trends in compliance.
- Is capable of taking a leadership role in updating and preparing the company for changes in regulations.
- Is capable of leading a small team in development of systems, procedures and their implementation.
- Is well recognized as a knowledgeable resource for QA compliance advice in other departments.
- Capable of effectively managing a small team of experienced subject matter experts in execution of audits.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a BS or BA in a relevant field of study.
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a MS in a relevant field of study.
- Knowledge of domestic and international regulations including 21 CFR Parts 11, 203, 205. 210, 211, 600, 610, and 820; EudraLex Volume 4 and applicable annexes; Health Canada GMPs, ICH, ISO, PIC/S, USP/NF, EP, and JP compendial standards and principles as applicable.
- Japanese GMPs
- Skilled auditor with 8+ years of experience and the ability to independently perform investigative audits.
- ASQ, ISO, or other Auditing certification
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.