HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.EHSS ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this pivotal role, you will drive extraordinary EHSS performance across the company in a diverse biotech/pharma environment.
- Partner with manufacturing, facilities, engineering and/or warehouse operations to advance their safety culture and manage EHSS risks
- Provide EHSS leadership and guidance to key collaborators
- Collect/Analyze performance metrics and establish annual action plans to drive continuous improvement.
- Establish and implement risk assessment plans for clients to ensure all risks are proactively addressed, and control systems are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure all changes with potential EHSS impact are assessed, and controls are established prior to implementation.
- Establish safe work procedures for hazardous work
- Conduct regular inspections of the work areas
- Monitor incident trends and assist management in conducting incident investigations
- Conduct regular EHSS management reviews with functional leadership
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience
- Continuous EHS improvement of manufacturing across site
- Trending and interpretation of EHS information and provide data intelligence and actions
- Provide EHSS support for the manufacturing and facilities, and engineering operations at the Thousand Oaks, CA site
- Provide subject matter expertise for several EHSS programs, including lockout/tagout, confined space, fall protection, environmental programs, and environmental sustainability
- Degree in safety, industrial hygiene, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry, biology or other life science areas
- Applied knowledge and understanding of EHS and process safety practices, engineering principles, regulatory standards, and requirements in context of business activities
- Ability to take responsibility for several projects/initiatives at one time with an emphasis on quality and organization
- Demonstrated EHSS leadership supporting manufacturing or laboratory environments. Demonstrated ability to lead teams with varied strengths and influence management
- 5 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry implementing industrial and safety programs
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, productive, self-starting, program development and project management
- Strong technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software systems
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.