HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate IS EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will act as a Senior Associate Information Systems (IS) Engineer to join our Digital, Technology and Innovation (DTI) - Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) organization.
Play a key role in the implementation of our data center architecture, supporting scalability and helping to achieving a lower time to market and total cost of ownership. Serve as a technical leader! Help ensure that the infrastructure needs of the DTI Operations organization at our Holly Spring, North Carolina campus are being met. You will be an integral part of the implementation of a multidisciplinary strategy while supporting roadmaps to optimally drive its tactical delivery.
The Senior Associate IS Engineer will operate within a cross-functional team and possess the vision of an Architect while demonstrating the technical detail of a hands-on Engineer: leading and implementing services and solutions.
The GIS team is an enterprise group that leads the design and delivery of innovative technology solutions! These efforts help with streamlining operations and enhancing our business value.
- Day-to-day operations and incident response activities for the local sites data center and IDF/MDF rooms
- Flexible attitude and the ability to work after normal business hours to support project or incident related items
- Run site ticket queue and update action items throughout the ticket lifecycle
- Participate or lead in the design, development, and implementation of data center projects including but not limited to expansions, upgrades, installations, and decommissions
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize incoming tasks and/or project workloads to meeting SLAs
- Provide clear and concise direction to internal and external consultants to increase work efficiency
- Review, update, and maintain data center and infrastructure "as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur
- Create both high-level and detailed space, rack and cabling design diagrams and facilitate design reviews
- Coordinate the delivery of supporting MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) services to all Amgen data centers and perform detailed power utilization calculations and efficacy
- Perform asset receiving and inventory duties including unboxing, order validation, and accurate system labeling
- Ensure inventory management through Data Center Operations Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) tool
- Create, review, and update documentation for SOPs and knowledge base
- Work with IS teams to understand server and network hardware requirements with respect to power density, rack positioning, cabling, cooling, airflow containment and environmental consideration
- Review, understand and approve facility related maintenances (Mechanical and Electrical) and guide internal partners of upcoming activities with potential impacts
- Work directly with local site management and ensure quality of client support
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. As a technical professional with Amgen, you can make a difference! The candidate we seek is a motivated teammate with these qualities:
- Master's degree, OR
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years of Information Systems and Data Center experience, OR
- Associate degree and 6+ years of Information Systems and Data Center experience, OR
- High school diploma/GED and 8+ years of Information Systems and Data Center experience
- 3+ years professional experience in IS operations/data centers support
- Knowledge of critical power distribution, UPS, PDU, Mechanical systems, data center practices (i.e., fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage) and server/network hardware
- Cross-disciplinary knowledge of complete critical facility systems
- Strong trouble-shooting and analytical skills with the ability to make decisions independently
- Ability to handle sophisticated projects with contending priorities
- Familiar with Visio software and DCIM tools
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction
- Understanding of Electrical Power distribution and operation
- Exposure to the design, implementation, and operation of various data center fire suppression technologies
- Possess a positive, people first demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of infrastructure cables including fiber and copper backbone
- Good understanding of best cabling practices for both vertical and horizontal cabling
- Good understanding of ITIL fundamentals and processes
- Familiarity with industry applications including Service Now, MS products, environmental monitoring, and DCIM software
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.