HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Data Scientist (Remote)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will participate in Amgens Quality Transformation efforts and will be given opportunities to apply your expertise in data science to deliver insights to drive decision-making and efficiency in Quality initiatives. Your work will help enable end-to-end data and analytic solutions across the enterprise systems. The Data Scientist will be based at one of our sites in Thousand Oaks, CA, Cambridge, MA or West Greenwich, RI, and will report into the Director of Data Science. We are pursuing highly motivated candidates with an extreme passion for data science, artificial intelligence (AI), and novel digital technologies to join our team.
Primary Responsibilities for the Data Scientist include:
- Develop and implement a wide range of innovative data and analytics solutions, from descriptive to prescriptive using advance statistical and artificial intelligence methods.
- Partner with business functions in Quality and Operations to identify and prioritize opportunities to deliver value by developing novel, practical, scientific data-driven solutions.
- Continuously explore and evaluate new tools and techniques to improve the way data is used to generate useful insights and create business value.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.
- Doctorate OR Doctorate's degree by December 2022
- Masters degree and 3 years of data sciences/data analytics and/or life science experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of data sciences/data analytics and/or life sciences experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of data sciences/data analytics and/or life sciences experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data sciences/data analytics and/or life science experience
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Applied Math, Statistics, or similar field
- Expertise in comprehensive set of data analytics and modeling methods such as unsupervised and supervised approaches and solid understanding of the algorithms
- Expertise with natural language processing and image processing with deep learning approaches
- Proficient in SQL, Python, R and familiar with big data approaches
- Familiarity and background with biotechnology processes and regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with DevOps and good software practices (i.e. version control, continuous integration, test driven development)
- Strong analytical / quantitative skills
- Amazing communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to tackle several projects at a time
- Intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts, algorithms, and technology rapidly as needs arise
- Comfort and agility with changes in business priorities
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.