HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be accountable for carrying out the Results Delivery Office (RDO) Process Intelligence strategy and supporting our enterprise transformation program (Process Simplification and Automation).
Deep understanding of business process execution and performance is foundational to delivering the right information to key partners, identifying improvement opportunities, and securing durable business outcomes. Process Intelligence is a data-driven approach to creating process transparency using system data to uncover how end-to-end business processes are actually carried out - highlighting the gaps between expectation and reality.
The person in this role will use a combination of technical and business expertise to support the implementation of process intelligence programs, across multiple enterprise business processes, with the ambition of uncovering insights and opportunities for process optimization, value engineering, and intelligent automation. This role will interact with a wide range of multi-functional business partners at all levels to understand processes, analyze data, and articulate comprehensive value delivery (cost, speed, risk, quality, etc.)
- Supports initiatives in articulating the value proposition associated with deploying process intelligence as a means to understand current state, find opportunity areas for process automation and redesign, and monitor value capture and process performance
- Understands and maps the business processes and underlying systems and data
- Manages project work across multiple initiatives and business process scopes
- Supports development of cases to support deploying process intelligence capabilities
- Creates visualization dashboards to present meaningful data insights based on client requirements and industry standard methodologies
- Tracks benefits and project achievements, prioritizes work activities and key metrics and reports for senior management, including ROI and/or Benefits Tracking
- Develops and manages knowledge repository of process insights derived from value stream maps, process mining, and task mining data
- Develops and nurtures a culture of continuous improvement by using process intelligence as a tool to enhance process understanding and model performance improvements
- Provides requirements for the Digital Technology and Innovation (DTI) team to help shape future deployment of process intelligence tools, and supports testing / onboarding of new technical capabilities as required
- Oversees coordination of activities and information flow between multi-functional partners including process owners, analysts, DTI, and RDO to ensure smooth execution
- Gathers and maintains process documentation, ensures appropriate management and controls
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Process Intelligence professional we seek is a Business Analyst with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 2 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
Associates degree and 10 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
- Accountability and Autonomy: ability to effectively prioritize feature work, operate independently and deliver high-quality work output, understands what it means to own something and be accountable
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Ability to tackle complex and ambiguous problems, provide clarity of thought, and deliver results. Able to apply DAI model and make risk appropriate decisions, and advance in a timely manner
- Teamwork: Builds strong relationships across the network, can effectively influence multi-functional teams and a diverse set of partners
- Communication: Ability to distill complex information and partner requirements, and tailor communication in a concise, logical, audience-appropriate manner
- Technical Expertise: experience in process analysis and improvement, proficiency with one or more Process Mining tools (Celonis, UiPath Process Mining, etc.) and experience in use and/or deployment of automation tools (e.g., RPA, etc.)
- Ability to work with unstructured data sets and harmonize complex data and information. Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data extracted directly from source systems
- Comfortable in start-up environment of a new Amgen group
- Solid project management capabilities dealing with both business and IT
- Certified Data Engineer and/or Data Analyst
- Coding knowledge such as SQL, YAML, Python, etc.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SAP table structures
- Understanding of system data structures and database management
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau and PowerBI
- Broad business process knowledge, including biopharmaceutical specific processes
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and increase your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.