HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Director, Targeted Protein DegradationLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of Amgens Induced Proximity Platform (IPP) team. We are seeking an accomplished Director to lead our efforts to discover the next generation of novel small molecule Targeted Protein Degradation therapeutics. In this position you will lead a research team in the Induced Proximity Platform at the cutting edge of drug discovery to enable both platform technology development and enablement of pipeline programs. As a skilled organizational leader, this individual should be an efficient manager, a strong team builder and a collaborator who will provide robust organizational and scientific leadership consistent with Amgens culture of innovation and teamwork.Responsibilities:
- Supervise a group engaged in developing new platform technology for Targeted Protein Degradation, including PROTAC and molecular glues
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the research strategy in the Induced Proximity Platform, with a specific focus towards Targeted Protein Degradation
- Develop effective cross functional relationships with colleagues in therapeutic areas, including Oncology, medicinal chemistry, screening, and bioinformatics,
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is a collaborative leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of relevant industry experience or
Masters degree and 7 years of relevant industry experience or
Bachelors degree and 9 years of relevant industry experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- A proven track record of scientific innovation and accomplishment in Targeted Protein Degradation, as demonstrated by a strong publication record, patent submissions, and presentations at leading conferences.
- A deep understanding of ubiquitin biology, protein degradation, and proximity based therapeutics
- Demonstrated experience in advancing novel drug discovery programs from hit finding to preclinical evaluation
- An understanding of the emerging technologies being directed at hard to drug targets, such as protein degradation
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in leading, mentoring and developing the careers of a diverse and talented team
- An ability to build strong and productive relationships with peers and cross functional partners
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.