CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinical evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com
. POSITION SUMMARY:
As Day One evolves from a development-stage organization to a commercial entity, the company is seeking to attract a key member of its senior leadership team to be Chief Commercial Officer, reporting to the CEO. This individual will serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and will provide the leadership, strategic vision, and functional expertise required to lead the Company to successful commercialization of the company’s lead product, pan-raf inhibitor tovorafenib, initially in its first potential indication of relapsed pediatric low-grade glioma (pLGG) and subsequently in additional potential pediatric and adult indications. This executive will possess a high level of proficiency and demonstrated expertise in overall commercial operations, including marketing, market access, commercial analytics, forecasting, new product planning, and portfolio strategy.
We are seeking an experienced, relationship-focused, credible, and dynamic commercial leader who will thrive within a mission-driven organization that has a growing, entrepreneurial, patient-focused and high-performance culture. This highly visible, internal and external leader will have demonstrated success in planning and launching products in oncology and / or rare or orphan disease and will be strategic, innovative, influential, and have a strong results orientation.
Ideally the executive in this position will be based in the Bay Area, as frequent and regular in-person meetings, primarily in the Day One offices in Brisbane, CA, will be required. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a best-in-class, high-performance Sales and Marketing team and related support functions.
- Provide effective leadership to the commercial organization to ensure the development of the business and its people.
- Play a key leadership role with the broader organization to accommodate anticipated growth.
- Lead, develop and communicate the commercial vision, strategy, and resource requirements to successfully launch tovorafenib
- Ensure the management of all financial aspects of the commercial organization including budgeting, forecasting, long-range planning and overall management and accountability of the U.S. Business P&L.
- Provide commercial analysis and direction for the development and management of the product pipeline and ensure that global plans for current and future products are fully aligned with the needs of the U.S. and global markets.
- Contribute significantly as a member of the ELT; develop and foster close and trusting working relationships with each of the ELT members.
- Regularly interact with the Board of Directors regarding a wide array of topics related to current and future commercial business.
- Lead all commercial launch preparation activities including brand strategy, product positioning and messaging, pricing and market access strategy, sales force strategy and resource planning.
- Work closely with medical leadership to leverage an effective medical affairs capability.
- Effectively take an externally facing role with investors and the media and maintain strong relations with key opinion leaders and leaders of important policy initiatives. QUALIFICATIONS
- 15+ years of commercial experience, including new product planning, marketing, market analysis, sales leadership experience.
- Outstanding track record of building effective organizations, developing employees, and building the relationships essential to influencing decision-making at all levels in biopharma organizations.
- A strategic/analytical and results-driven thinker with the ability to plan, direct, and lead a robust commercial organization.
- Strong values-driven leadership qualities including a track record of achievement as a senior commercial leader in the U.S. within the biotechnology, specialty pharma or pharmaceutical company.
- Demonstrated success in building commercial organizations and successfully launching new products.
- Extensive experience with developing and executing marketing strategies and tactics, field leadership, market research and analysis and business forecasting.
- Strong executive presence, focus and drive to succeed — confidence, passion and high energy.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving dynamic small company environment.
- A resourceful and creative problem solver who will ‘roll up their sleeves’ to get the job done.
- Knowledge of commercial compliance and all laws and regulations that govern promotional and non-promotional activities. Preferred Education:
- BS / BA in business, management or science.
- Graduate degree (MBA) and / or equivalent experience and education in strategic leadership and business preferred. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong executive leadership skills, communication, presentation and business partnering ability.
- Proven ability to think strategically and have strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Committed to the Day One values of urgency, ingenuity, integrity, compassion, and excellence.
- Current US work authorization required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. DISCLAIMER
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals doesnot accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.